Surefire X400 vs 618LMG for my 870P

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by PeterSteele, Jan 16, 2013.

1. PeterSteele

PeterSteele New Member

Hi, i'm trying to decide which to put on my new Rem870P 18" 12ga shotgun (3" shells). To be used for HD and occasional fun indoor/outdoor target practice. I definitely want a light, and then the question is whether to include a laser. I want to do it right the first time so i don't mind paying up $$ for quality...that's why i've kind of narrowed my choices down to Surefire x400 light/laser vs. 618LMG light replacement forend. The 618 gets tons of great reviews online. It looks very user-friendly and easy to operate under duress, with the switches right there on the forend grip. I haven't seen as many reviews of the x400. Firstly, is it solid enough to put on a shotgun or is it more suitable for pistols only ? I guess my main concern would be having to frequently zero the thing. Plus, i'd have to mount the x400 somewhere...any recommendations on an aftermarket forend w/tactical rails ? fyi i'll have an Aimpoint Pro red-dot mounted on top. The gun also has rifle tritium night sights. Thanx in advance for any advice and opinions !