Surefire socom556-rc

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by bruce101, Apr 29, 2013.

1. bruce101

bruce101 New Member

This will be my first can/nfa item to buy. Looking around and doing alot of browsing I think the the sf socom is the one I want to to get. But I have a few things to ask before i get it. I plan on putting it on a 16" ar15 and doing this in September.

1. How long do they normally last? I plan on taking it to carbine classes and eventually teaching classes so it will have a lot of round count.

2. How do you clean it? I remember reading somewhere it's not good to submerge it.

3.would this work on a sbr I plan on building or buying a ddmk18.

4. I can't find if this is warrantied or not. So if I get a baffle strike, or if it dies do to too much build up . Can I send it in to get it cleaned and new baffles?

NFA questions

1. I plan on doing a trust so I can put my wife ,son and parents on it, but can I put more than one nfa item like the can then the sbr when I build it?

2. What's the wait time now? I'm tracking around 10months.

Sorry for all the questions but this a one time purchase and I rather ask alot of questions and buy a good can pay more and cry once

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-eq...ppressors/556-mm-223-caliber/socom556-rc.html

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

answers in bold

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

3. bruce101

bruce101 New Member

Thanks alot for answering my questions.