Surefire magazines

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dlh2689, Jul 25, 2013.

1. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Honestly they really seem cool but for $90 I can get 6+ standard capacity magazines (that hold twice the ammo). They just seem really expensive and heavy for any practical use. Well maybe if I was on watch guarding a fortified position.

But I guess mebbe its kinda cool if I had one of them nifty giggle switches (full auto).

3. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Where ive seen them theyre about $100. Surefire has a video of them running the mags through full auto weapons. Are they "worth it"? Thats up to you. Personally, i dont need them, and i dont want them. They will add a lot of weight to the gun.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ive got one. They work exactly as surefire claims.

Its heavy unbalances the gun makes it hard to fire from prone or a bench.

That being said its whats in our hd carbine loaded with 60 ss109 and one in the chamber. The benefits of 60 rounds for the wife to hide behind outweigh the weight and balance issues

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Hrm, you lucky man, I don't think my wife can hide behind only 60 rounds, she'll probably need more like 250..... :rolleyes:

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

This comes to mind when I think of my wife shooting an AR....

[​IMG]

7. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Surefire's work well in my rifles.

8. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

It's just I can get Pmags for less than $20 now. I guess I'm just curious why these are selling for around $90. Do you prefer these Surefire mags over the Magpul ones?

9. Threetango

They are selling at that price probably because the market will bear that high price.

I can use both the Magpuls and Surefire in my AR10 with no problem but in my Saiga AK nothing but Surefire works correctly.

Personally I think $90 is a bit high and I don't really need a 60 rd mag.
    2-30's(Magpul) for less than $40 bucks sounds good to me.
    JMO.

10. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

$90!??!? For new? Quite honestly $90 is less than they are selling for wholesale. It should be $125 retail. http://www.firearmstalk.com/classif...e-magazines-ar-15brhigh-capacity-mag-263.html

You'll see 3 gunners using them so they don't have to reload and/or to get proper rest height for resting the gun on the mag if in an awkward position. The other thing is these are 60 round metal mags, not 30 round plastic mags. Good bad or indifferent, you are comparing an apple to an orange comparing a 60 round mag to a 30 round mag.

When surefire released these they flooded the market all at once. I think that was real bad, because every seller bought up a bunch and now true to nature every seller is cutting their own throats to unload inventory. Ridiculous what you see happening in this industry, feast or famine. Sellers selling below cost, sheesh!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. Threetango

12. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

They might be liquidating stock because they aren't moving. :(

Or selling knockoffs......:(:(

14. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

Does it look like prices are dropping on these magazines or should I pick one up before the price increases again?

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Personally, I don't find them to be all that practical. I'd imagine the multitude of 30rd PMag/Troy/Lancers in my stable will get me to wherever I need to be. But the Surefires do have a reputation as a relatively reliable super-high-cap magazine.

If I wanted one, I'd jump on this deal now. A Surefire 60rd and 5 Pmags for $140 is tough to beat, and kinda the best of both worlds.

16. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Of you want it, buy now or forever hold your peace. If you dont, move on. We wont decide or buy then for ya. This ones on you

17. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I see no problem with a 60 round.
    A person need not have it placed in the magwell at all times.

Perhaps use the 30, and have the 60 available. Or Vice Versa.

This, for me, falls into the category of "You can never have too much ammo available"