Suppressors from... "solvent traps"

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Mikeb420, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

What does these solvent trap kits cost? I saw a guy one time who made a silencer from a mag light flashlight. The inner parts he bought at Lowes he claimed. I don't know if it was a lagle build or not. Didn't ask lol.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Ruger Charger comes with a bipod. A vertical hand grip is illegal but a slant grip is not.
    For about $50 on Ebay you can get a "mono body fuel filter" with the correct bore, threads and size for a 22lr. Basically there is nothing to do but screw it on so DO NOT order it until you have the Form 1. Possession without the Form 1 could be construed as intent.

3. JTJ

PBM, those work pretty well but you have to make sure of the diameter. They are calling them WIX but there are a couple of different diameters available as well as lengths. That looks like a decent kit but no diameter listed or I missed it which is not unusual for me.

4. PaBushMan

Yeah they only give the length and end cap thread size.

5. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Unless, of course you own a vehicle the fuel filter fits.

Knew a guy who made mufflers for Briggs and Stratton engines, which if adapted could be used as a suppressor. Everybody has a lawnmower.

JTJ and PaBushMan like this.
  6. PaBushMan

If you order something from a parts store. The ATF is not going to be checking up on you.

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. JTJ

I dont have a lawn mower.:rolleyes:

8. owdiss

owdiss New Member

Yep 4 weeks from submitting payment. You do it all online very easy to do can do for sbr sbs n silencers some guys get stamp as fast as 14 days. I will see about getting some pics to post.

9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

They can’t come after you on a pretense of reading your mind. Only if you get in trouble for a real firearm violation or get red flagged somehow, they may impound it.

10. JTJ

The mono bodies are a working suppressor. Just screw it on. No drilling or modifications required.

towboater likes this.