Suppressor Approved

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Gundog94, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

I sent in my paperwork for a suppressor (Suppressed Armament Systems) in the 3rd week of December and found out yesterday that it had been approved on Monday 3/21. The suppressor has been sitting at the dealer's shop next to my workplace since December. So close yet so far! I sent the upper of a Ruger Mark III to a buddy of mine to get threaded and it is done also. I'll let you all know how it works out after I get it put together and fire it. I'm excited after a 3 month wait! :D

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

CONGRATULATIONS! That's good news.

But, as always, I have a question. I am new to guns and trying to learn. Why would you want to put a suppressor on a .22 pistol. I thought suppressors were more for larger caliber pistols, but then, I don't really know. :)

3. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

Because it is CHEAP and quiet fun. Suppressed .22's are very quiet when compared to the larger calibers. The suppressors are generally cheaper too.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Thank you for your explanation.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Congratulations! I am waiting on my choice of can to be manufactured and sent to my dealer where I have a deposit and THEN I can fill out the necessary paperwork and begin the wait.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

JD

6. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

I'll post pics when it's fully assembled.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*drools* Nice!!

8. andrewdixon54

andrewdixon54 New Member

how can i go about modifying a 1911???

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You need a custom fit, elongated, threaded barrel. Most suppresors have a reverse thread, so it's not a matter of just getting a barrel and threading it in your garage.

What kind of 1911 you got Playa??:cool:

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Great info. I would love to get a suppressor for the Walther P22, Hell the barrel is already threaded.

11. andrewdixon54

andrewdixon54 New Member

dillinger

i have a the new springfield 1911 custom? do i need a never barrel or what?

12. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

Well, here it is. It is VERY quiet. Daddy likes!

Attached Files:

13. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

Yes you will need a new threaded barrel. Brownells may have them. Once the suppressor is installed, you may also have to play with the recoil spring weight to get it to run properly.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Great looking Ruger,Gundog.

I see that your a little north of me.
    What Class 3 dealer did you get your can from?

I have a dealer close to me in Joshua-Off Duty Armory,I've talked to them a few times about geting a couple,but just haven't jumped on board yet.

15. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

A buddy of mine in Indiana did a trade with me for the suppressor. I transferred it through Chepaer Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures in Fort Worth.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a good looking piece right there. Congrats!!

Since I was a kid I wanted one of the old Amphibian II's with the built in bull barrel suppressor. Haven't got one, yet. :cool:

17. KeithB

KeithB New Member

18. Gundog94

Gundog94 New Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am originally from Illinois (The Peoples Republic of Chicago). It is illegal for anyone but NFA licensed dealers to own these or machine guns. It's a great feeling to finally be able to have one.