Suppressing a glock 20.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Nathancwitdat10milli, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Nathancwitdat10milli

Nathancwitdat10milli New Member

What's the best way to go about it. I think I could use the evo. 40 suppressor but where could I find some ammo that wouldn't damage the can.

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

This seems like a really impractical caliber to suppress. You're going to want subsonic ammo, which pretty much defeats the purpose and cost of choosing 10mm over 40sw or 45acp. I don't have any supressors, but I couldn't see adding one to any pistol but a 22lr, 9mm, or maybe 45acp.

This is just an odd fit. Sort of like throwing a scope on a 45acp pistol.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Op- a 40 Cal rated can with subsonic loads in 10mm would not harm the suppressor in anyway.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

So a suppressed handgun MUST use a subsonic ammo? Can it use fmj ammon insted? *im still waiting for the waiting period*

5. willfully armed

Fmj is a type of projectile.

Subsonic describes the velocity. Under 1126 Feet Per Second.

Super Sonic ammunition will have a "crack" report, while subsonic does not. The subsonic ammunition creates the least amount of noise..
    You may use whatever ammo you wish.

6. Nathancwitdat10milli

Nathancwitdat10milli New Member

So where could I find sub sonic 10mil ammo

7. willfully armed

Remington used to sell a 180gr jhp subsonic. I haven't seen them in years.

This is why they call 10mm a reloaders caliber.

8. Glockcurmudgeon

Glockcurmudgeon New Member

Sweeper22 is correct...

I have G21s and G30s. .45acp. The best suppressor for my handguns, is Gemtech's .45acp Blackside w/LID device. No problems. My weapons standard fair, unsuppressed, is the 185gr SCHP from Corbon. Suppressed, Winchester PDX1.

Suppressing a 10mm just seems to be gilding the lilly... True, the benefits of the suppressor are these- greatly reduced recoil and significant reduction of muzzle flash. With subsonic ammo, which the 10mm is contraindicated, vis-a-vis high velocity, flat shooting, and hard hitting, it's a waste of resources... If you're wedded to .40 caliber, try S&W's .40 S&W, not the 10mm. They are NOT interchangeable.

You can change out the 10mm barrel and recoil spring guide assembly, and go down to .45acp- not .40 S&W...

Look-up Gemtech's .45acp Blackside w/LID...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011