Supposedly a 500lb wild hog

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by danf_fl, Mar 13, 2014.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

2. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like that the knucklehead reporter used the word "caught". You don't "catch" a wild hog. You kill it

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've seen folks run dogs on wild hogs and catch them, haul them out live and fresh butcher them when they get home.

But, you're right about that hog. Seeing a guy behind the hog with hunting rifle, would indicate that he shot it and didn't catch it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes 'some' do, but I will pass on that one.:p DRT, the only good hog is a dead hog!;)

6. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Meanwhile at Mopower's ranch Pumpkin is having her 9th birthday party.

7. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1394738458.536065.jpg oops forgot to post the picture.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Looks as happy as a pig in...oh, well you know what I mean.

9. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Haha. She was actually pissed about the hat. She was chasing me when I snapped the picture. I had the Vet out a few weeks ago and he was surprised to see she was still alive. The life expectancy of this hog is 4 to 6 years. He told me whatever I'm doing keep doing it. I work at a brewery so she gets beer all the time. Haha.

10. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Redneck photo. Lol. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1394739710.906781.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1394739741.353354.jpg

11. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

My neighbor belongs to that camp. Another neighbor took a huge hog out of there last spring. His only went about 350 lbs or so. I believe it is the real deal.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I don’t think it’s ‘shopped. I think he’s just a few feet behind the boar making the boar look bigger. It’s hard to tell how closed down the aperture was because it’s so soft overall on my monitor, but it’s likely all the way considering how sunny it is and everything is close to the same level of sharpness (softness?). Now if he was in front of it, we’d know how big it was.

13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

14. BWM243

BWM243 Member

We arsed hogs for years and keep the boar around for years! I have never seen one as big as that one! If I was guessing the weight it would had been around 700 Lb

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

I believe that one was shot with a scar17

16. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

I saw that article on Yahoo this morning,that's a monster!! Could you imagine Hogzilla from GA. out weighing that beast by 300 lbs.?? :eek:

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I always thought the smaller tasted better. The hunter does not plan to waste any of this one. Not even mount the skull.

I would mount the head next to the other one he got before.

Curious, was a state wildlife official available for a weight check?

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Yes people learn how to stage photos so their "catch/shot" looks larger. There is nothing in the photo to demonstrate the perspective size of the hog. Had he put his rifle against it or his hand over its back then you would have something to compare.

Our son's catch in a small mud hole near Smith Mountain Lake.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  19. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

It's a big pig but he is sitting a few feet behind it to make it look bigger. We butcher hogs raised by the Amish every year and some are right at 400lbs and look way smaller than that. Still a nice hog. Old trick of being away from the animal or fish. Watch the fishing shows and some hold the fish close to the camera to make it look bigger.

20. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was at smith mountain lake last week, its beautiful there.

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies
    better dead than red