Supporting Member suggestion

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by gregs887, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

How about a different color name line to differentiate between supporters and non supporters? Maybe a little icon next to the name as well? Something similar to JeepForum.com

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

The supporting members names are in a fat bold type.

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I guess you're right. Never noticed that before.

4. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

dnthmn who you calling fat and bald???

Oh wait I just re-read that.:D

5. WDB

WDB New Member

So how to you guys change the tag of "supporting member" to the clever statements you have? Beside the needed advice, I would would need help with a clever tag. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Go into User CP and click on Edit Details. You can then change your user title (i think thats what it is called)

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

In the User CP, click on "Edit Your Details" and its right near the top under Optional Information.

I'm not sure what to suggest for yours.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Anyone older than me I guess:confused:, that narrows it down just about everyone:D.
    I call my boss fat, bald, and old all the time to boost his self esteem. Yes, there is nothing quite like the atmosphere at a construction site.

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Well Done notdku!!! Ya can't miss that! Looks like I have work to do though:D

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

When in Doubt go Bang

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice. Well done sir.... You can't miss that....

I think the Mods should get big ones with the centers shot out. :D

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Done as well. :D

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's awesome. I was just kidding, but that is really cool.

Thanks Boss!

Neener Neener Suckas!!

JD

16. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Very nice, I like the bullseyes

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

The bullseyes are sweet. Maybe the mods should have crosshairs though?

:p

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, I can't speak for all the Mods, but I have my suspicions. :rolleyes:

However, I don't need "crosshairs" to punch the "X" ring out of MY Targets. :D

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

We should have a specific and easy to find 'supporting members' join/welcome area that has a FAQ section. Lots of what-do-I-do-now-I'm-here questions and maybe a list of new superpowers of the SM. The 12$ member fee is a bargain and I would have signed up much sooner had I know the benefits.

There should also be a similar area/FAQ specifically for noobies that encourages them to go to the introductions section and complete their first thread. It should emphasize the first post does not need to be anything more than saying HI but encourage them to post something about themselves, reason for joining and firearms preferences. (Maybe a requirement to complete the membership application?) Explain how to select a forum name and why few use their own names. (Emphasizing privacy!) I think many new members are reluctant or ignorant of posting. If they don't become active within the first few visits I feel they are just drifting away.

If this information is already here, then make it easier to find and splain it to me like I’m a 4th grader! [​IMG]