Super Bowl Overwatch

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by silverado113, Feb 8, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Does that really surprise you? A game like the Super Bowl would be a prime target for terrorists.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Doesn't surprise me, but I know there are a lot of people that have issues with it and haven't heard about it.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not unexpected in very large public venues that would be a high profile target. Am I the only one that looks around and thinks "Yeah, I'd put one over there, and one up there....." ??

5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Well that ought to stop the end zone celebrations :D

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Well I was thinking if they can bring their WTH can't I bring mine!

7. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Snipers have been at a lot of games over the last five years.
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. From what I understand State cops got it pushed through to fight "terrorist" activity. But usually the guy in the nest is just getting free box seats.

I would be careful with the beers though. Little to much to drink & security shows up etc. Etc. etc. Especially if your on one of the many watch list. You never know you just might be a target of opportunity.

What I was wondering was the caliber of the rifle.308, .338? Seems like that might have a high probability of collateral damages?
    Shooting though reenforced glass would rule out a lot of ammo, correct?

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I was thinking about that as well. The shooter would definitely hit someone else IMO and I think the rifle is a .338.

9. fmj

fmj New Member

In IN you CAN bring yours!

10. fmj

fmj New Member

Nope, your not...i guess we are just a "special" kinda crazy.

11. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I don't have a problem with having snipers at high-profile public events, as long as the snipers are the good guys. When it comes to terrorism we have to fight fire with fire. The only effective way to stop a terrorist is to kill one.

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

My buddies and I went to a Motorcycle Swap-Meet last year on the Illinois side of the river and the police had gun-nests on top of the gas-station across the street ...Thinking the outlaw motorcycle clubs where going to have a shoot-out war with each other at the Swap-Meet....Hells-Angels where the main reason I'm guessing......

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

It has to be done. No worries with that.

I worry for the people in that FB post that worried about them being there, or even the need.

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I'm guessing they have two gun-nest's..One for both ends of the field...That guy can't shoot under him...:confused:.....