Super bowl ads.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Feb 1, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

3 to 4 Million dollars for 30 seconds of T.V. time...WOW...That's just crazy..or..Stupid...They say the internet is making a bigger ..BUZZ..about ads then the T.V. ever will again....Fellers day-off is the next way there going to advertise next year,a week before the big game and at half the price,people talk about the ad all week long and at the Super-Bowl...:confused:..

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Seen some of the Stupid stuff their going to air for the Super-Bowl and I think a second grader can do better then some of the stupid ads they have.....Modona for half-time....Who cares....another looser if you ask me....I know,so don't ask-me.......My vote...ZZ TOP.......That would be a rockin half-time show......

3. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Not really worried, if that's really the term, about Stupor Bowel ads. I'll see them on YouTube later. I've got better things to do with my time than watch TV anyway. Today, especially. The gun ranges should be really empty making it a lot nicer because there won't be dozens of people banging away. I should have them nearly all to myself.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Orange Bowl.............2008..........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJbFv0doXc[/ame]

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

....zz top....nice........

6. fmj

fmj Active Member

I'll catch the ads on the morrow, i'll be letting the beer out when that harlot is on stage...i watch the game for the GAME...imagine THAT.

But hell, i played ball at a pretty high level of skill for quite a few years...so i guess i'm biased.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've seen zz top in person. Unfortunately, I wasn't very impressed. I love their music, have most of it on cd or on itunes, but I wasn't very impressed with their show. In fact, I ended up leaving early.

The stage was all white, with a bunch of modern art style sculptures all over the place, and they just stood there in one place playing their music. Lynard Skynard, on the other hand, was awesome that night.

8. utf59

utf59 New Member

I watch for the game and the ads. I love football, and I work for an advertising agency. The halftime show will be my big bathroom break. :D

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Not bad idea. I'm hoping they get The Eagles for the halftime show before they start dying. But ZZ Top would be a great selection as well.

I don't think they've had a good halftime show since the year Shania Twain did the show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6w4KwWs_bc[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Anything would be better than the black eyed peas!! They were horrible

11. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

I wonder what the public reaction will be to Mayor Bloomberg's anti gun ad scheduled to be run during the super bowl today??

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...eral-money-tougher-gun-laws-article-1.1017396

Yep! tougher gun laws and more of them, thats the answer. What about bad guys not following the laws? oh that part don't matter, got to have the feel good laws. ;) This guy could screw-up a two car funeral - :eek:

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Me, I don't care about the game at all. The cute commercials I can see in the net few days in the internet. Its not like I'm going to buy the stuff being advertised anyhow. Some of them show some great talent in coming up with the ideas though. Those Budweiser commercials with the dog and Clydsdales are really cool. Won't make me drink Budweiser though. That one last year with the kid in the Darth Vader suit was really cute. I don't remember what it was advertising though.

I see the commercials as more entertainment than the game itself. Then again I never cared for professional sports for the most part.

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Liked the Naked M & M ad .............:eek:..........

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think that was my favorite. They didn't seem to be all that great this year.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No, they werent very good

16. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I really liked the Clint Eastwood dodge commercial.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Clint Eastwood should be above endorsing a car maker. I was a bit disappointed, and not just because I hate dodge, I would have been disappointed if he'd been endorsing Ford too.

At least he didn't come right out and say anything about a particular maker with his own voice.

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Now i did like that one, but as far as the funny ones, they werent as creative this year

19. fmj

fmj Active Member

RE: Clint Eastwood commercial...as much as i would like to hope....

C'mon guys! The Doritos commercials were the GREATEST!!

The dog buried the cat was best....until i saw the slingshot baby! GREATNESS!!!!

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The ticked off cheetah was pretty good to.