Sunday Project

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Olympus, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I was sitting around looking for something to do today and decided that I should make myself a new shooting bench. My old picnic table just isn't cutting it anymore. So I found some plans online and went to the lumber yard and stocked. I've got $80 in it and I think it will be worth it. The posts are 6x6s and the whole thing is incredibly heavy. Definitely not portable. I'm going to sink it in the ground about 8 inches for stability.

Attached Files:

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Looks solid. I wish I had a range in my Garage.

I built one similar, but skimped on the front support. I keep meaning to beef it up, but, maybe soon.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Looks super sturdy. Nice job

4. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Looks like a excellent bench,nice job!

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Nice bench Olympus- and they say us Missouri rednecks aren't smart enough to get in out of the rain;)

6. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Really nice!
    If you can move it with a tractor, it's portable!:D

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks fellas.

Funny you say that about the tractor. That's how I was planning on getting that thing out to my range. I've got a little gin pole that I'm going to put on my tractor and see if I can pick this dude up and move it that way. There's definitely no doubt that it will be sturdy. Especially once I sink the posts in the group. Treated 6x6s are heavier than you think!

8. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Nice bench. I want to build one here soon. I like your trike aswell. Honda!

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very nice Olympus! it does look sturdy. very similar to what i want to build later on. good job!:D

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Hey thanks. That's my 1984 Big Red 250. My grandpa bought it brand new in 84 and only rode it a handful of times. It most just sat in his shed. He's too old to ride now and he gave it to me a few years ago. I washed it up and took some Armor All to the plastics and it looks like a brand new one. It can be the dead of winter and I can still fire it up first try and never use the choke.

11. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

I have a buddy who had one. The frame eventually broke and he scraped it. Still ran like a top. Though as a rock!

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Looks rock solid...someday add a wood or canvas canopy to reduce glare.

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It's going to be in the woods, so I'll have a natural canopy.