Summertime and shorts.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hobo Bob, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Hobo Bob

Hobo Bob New Member

As soon as it warms up enough, my daily attire is cotton shorts held up with a built-in drawstring, along with a t-shirt. Now I know that the t-shirt will cover my pistol/holster combo, but with nothing to hang the holster on with the shorts, I don't carry in the Summertime. I do carry one in the car, but that is only good for when I am behind the wheel.

I have seen advertizements for a belly wrap kind of holster that might work. Anybody use it? Or can give me some other opinion/option?

By the way, my carry pistol is a M&P9c in a Don Hume JIT beltslide. As you can see, I've got me a belly problem.

[​IMG]

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. Hobo Bob

Hobo Bob New Member

I don't know if the shorts with a string tie would be sturdy enough to utilize an IWB holster, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the reply.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I am string-tie and elastic challenged when it comes to shorts. :eek:

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Not trying to be Funny, but what about a Fanny Pack Holster? There are quite a few options out for that application. Need a place to keep the wallet and money, as draw string shorts don't have pockets, if they do they will suffer the same wieght issues as carrying a holster.

Attached Files:

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Cotton shorts with drwastrings arent carry-friendly. I now wear cargo shorts and jean shorts. The only time I wear clothes not carry-conscious, is when playing sports or sleeping. And my Sig P238 can always slip into my softball shorts pocket, when OFF the field.

7. KBlue

KBlue New Member

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Jeans shorts = "Jorts"

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I've never sharted in jorts, as far as I can remember.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I bet we can come up with a great term for that. A "Jort-Shart?" Almost sounds like a summer Olympics event.

11. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I honestly think that the easiest solution to your problem would be to get a couple of pairs of shorts with regular belt loops. There are loads of different styles and materials, and I'm sure you can find something you like without spending to much money.

Or you can always get a light pocket-friendly snubby.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Don't you guys listen to the canebrake??

[​IMG]

Swim trunks, flip flops and a irreverent T-shirt. Standard CCW attire here in Ft. Lauderdale. Oh yea, and my Ruger Elsie Arrrr w/clipdraw.

Beats the hell out of not carrying!

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

LCR....perfect for
    [​IMG]

14. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

15. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Here you go Jo :D

Attached Files:

16. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Yowsa

Yet another thread I came into looking forward to learning something...and came out of learning way more than I probably wanted to know. lol

What has been seen...cannot be unseen...

:)

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Glad to be of help, Josh! :) I jacked the thread and I apologize to all of you for that.

18. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

You should be sorry! Lol.
    As for you question earlier about using a waist pack, do you see a lot of men around where you live carrying them? If your answer is no then I would not use one. They are nice when you have a pair of swim trucks or shorts on since you do not have anything to secure you holster to. Big problem is if you forget it some where. When i used mine I would carry it on my shoulder. Now I wear cargo shorts with a belt to draw less attention to myself.