Summer Carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by elfmdl, Mar 31, 2013.

1. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

With summer approaching I need to find a good way to conceal carry. During the winter months I have just put my 9mm in a cheap blackhawk holster and put it inside my carhart. In the summer I mainly wear athletic shorts with a T-shirt, I would like to still carry my SR9c, but also hace a Ruger LCR .357 if necessary. What do you guys think would be a good comfortable holster?

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Belly band or fannypack.

Or buy some shorts that have belt loops...

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Having one handgun for carry is like having one pair of shoes.

Just as Wing-tips are not appropriate on the beach, so is trying to hide a full size 1911 in your Speedo's.

You have to work on what is best for you. And yes, the holsters (even if uncomfortable) should be comforting.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

I carry either a S&W Shield or a snubby in a pocket holster. A IWB or OWB holster will try to pull your shorts down and, with a t-shirt, will print so badly you may as well open carry. My experience you understand, other opinions may differ.

5. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

I pocket-carry a J-frame the year around, mostly in a Desantis Nemesis holster, since I discovered that one, or an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Nobody seems to notice it. But then I'm 150 years old, so probably no one figures me to be carrying.

That suits me just fine. I like a low profile.

6. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

For a couple of years during the hot, summertime weather conditions I would wear a wifebeater underneath my T-shirt or golf shirt to accommodate my IWB SuperTuck Deluxe in which I carried an XD-40. It concealed OK, but the two layers of shirts in the heat made it uncomfortable.

I've since gone to carrying an LCP in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for summer carry. I usually wear shorts with deep front pockets and it conceals well there.

Carrying full time does involve compromise.

7. coinbuyer

coinbuyer New Member

I too like to wear sport shorts and Tees in the summer but I am not man enough yet to sport a fanny pack in public.:D
    I tried a few different ideas and finally went with the Smart Carry Holster. It is more comfortable then most can believe and it works better for me in shorts then with pants.(I am a fat guy). I could only imagine it would be better for a skinny guy or gal
    I personally would recommend giving it a try.

http://smartcarry.com/

I hope it is ok to post this web site. If not then I am sorry in advance.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It is okay to reference another site as you have done.

What is not allowed is plagiarism. If you quote another site, the site URL should be included.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Know what you mean. Hence, the wearing of Remora holster inside athletic shorts and tee-shirt in Florida. Never falls out even if one were to jump up and down. Stays in place.

Attached Files:

10. rickster

rickster New Member

I have pretty successful concealing my Taurus PT 740 by using a IWB holster. Just have to be careful when you sit cause I have been pinched. You might also look into an Allen belt slide holsters.

11. SWIll

SWIll New Member

I use a j frame in a DeSantis Nemesis holster also. Good to go all year 'round.

Attached Files:

12. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Do you carry it IWB?

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Pocket holster. DeSantis Nemesis.

14. Fatso

Fatso New Member

glock 27, inside the pants, very comfortable and concealable. Pleasure to carry.

15. glockcj

glockcj New Member

I also wear shorts and T-shirt. I just PU a kahr cm9 for $425. I always carry a glock 19c. This will be my first summer carting around a pocket gun. I been using my iwb holster with no problem and I PU a belly band both are comfortable. I love my kahr and very rare carry my glock. Just use it for nightstand. I also use my kahr for back-up at work.

Attached Files:

16. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

What brand of belly band do you have, because mine scratches the hell out of me?

17. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I also carry a CM9. I use a homemade leather pocket holster. It will disapear into just about every pair of pants or shorts I have.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

That's because it weighs les than 10oz. The LCP is hardly a guide to average compact carry...

If that's the gun homeboi is going to carry then stick in pocket of anything and go.

I still strongly suggest wearing better quality clothing. Looks better and can handle a gun. Just saying...

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I've never experienced one that didn't. Truly poor excuse for holster in my experience. Don't hold a gun worth a sh!te either. Sit and it falls out.

20. glockcj

glockcj New Member

May belly band is a pro tech summer comfort. It has a soft felt lining.

Attached Files: