Summer Carry

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Dave49, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Dave49

Dave49 New Member

I carry a G 43 in an IWB Crossbreed holster, very comfortable. It works great in cooler weather when I wear an under shirt but now that the weather is warm I don't wear an under shirt. Has anyone ever applied a cloth to the back of the holster to keep the skin from touching the leather, if so what did you use and how well did it work. Thank You for any input.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Dave,
    If you are going to add a pad on the back of the holster I would suggest you use a material with a moisture barrier. Cloth will soak up sweat much quicker than the leather. Only a thought. I carry a De Santas Nylon Ankle Holster in the heat of the summer. I carry a Kahr P-380 in it. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever carried. But do carry an in the pants holster with a Glock Model 27 40 Cal. or Springfield XDS 45 Cal. other times of the year. But having a 380 on you instead of being uncomfortable and leaving the bigger guns in the truck makes it logical for warm weather carry when thin or reduced clothing is worn. But I would choose any backing carefully that you are going to use on the back of the leather holster.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I often carry a Kahr CM9 in a homemade leather pocket holster. It will disappear in most pockets.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Carry a Glock 17 in a thigh holster under your kilt!:D

5. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Then you have to hope the wind doesn't blow for two reasons

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Ahhh., Laddie, that's what ye wear a kilt pin for.:p

7. bustos801

bustos801 New Member

You should look into stealth gear onyx iwb