Suicide By Chainsaw!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Holy cats! I think you have to admire her dedication though. :eek:

Police: LA woman apparently commits suicide with chainsaw
    By msnbc.com staff

A Los Angeles woman apparently killed herself with a chainsaw in her apartment, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Fire officials said evidence indicates the 47-year-old woman may have been dead for a day, the paper reported.

The woman's sister found the body and a suicide note in their apartment Thursday after midnight, KNX 1070 Newsradio reported.

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman told the Times that the door to the woman's apartment was jammed, but "the sister was able to see her on the bed with a chainsaw next to her."
    Advertise | AdChoices

"She has a neck wound, but it hasn't officially been ruled a suicide yet, though that's what it appears to be," LA County coroner spokesman Larry Dietz told the Times.

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

OMG, Why? Why would you choose to go out like that? That had to be extremely painful, and extremely messy. That's horrible.

3. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

And difficult...

Any ideas why?

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Aybe she wanted to be the first ever. Just my guess

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Never understood those who take their life in a very painful way. It's bad enough that they decide to commit suicide but DAMN!

6. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

This is sad. It would be bad enough to discover a loved one committed suicide, but to do it in such a terrible way is even more horrific. IMO the biggest victims in any suicide is the persons friends and family.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

She was in California and couldn't get a gun. :confused:

It's not like she decapitated herself, it probably was similar to getting ones throat slit.

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Now the liberals are going to require a license for concealed chain saws.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Most likely she was trying to do the death by carbon monoxide thing passed out and fell on it.

I dont think it would be painful at first. I ran the tip of my thumb into a bandsaw blade once while it was on. I could feel the blade hitting me but there was zero pain for about 2 minutes. Fortunately it only got the meaty part and healed clean.

I think the shock of something like that traumatizes the nerves and it takes a bit until they recover and start working again.

Who hasnt cut themselves cooking and not felt it till well after the blood started??

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Usually I'm asking myself, why is the lettuce red? When I realize what happened.

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Roger that. The victims are the survivors left behind.

12. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Well it's official, that is the worst way to go.

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I think a wood chipper would be worse, legs first. :eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Really Guys...

Do any of us actually believe she killer herself with a chainsaw?
    Why would a woman even OWN a chainsaw?

I'm not buying this one. If is was a suicide i'd have to think she was trying the carbon monoxide thing, passed out, and fell on it but even that's hard to swallow.

I'm thinking murder and a forged note and would be comparing her and his sisters handwriting.

Tack

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Your right, this isnt the typical behavior of a woman that commits suicide. With my experience with suicides, women normally dont commit suicide that will end in a mess or that will dis-member their face. Every female suicide that i have seen was either done by consuming pills,slitting their wrists,an occasional hanging, and if they did use a firearm it was a chest wound. I mean it could happen i guess considering their mental state, if it was indeed a suicide she wanted to die pretty bad.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

A family friend killed herself with a .38 to her head. Not sure if she took it in the mouth or what but she left behind one Hell of a mess.