suggestions on railed gas block

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by monkeytalks, Sep 27, 2013.

1. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

Just picked up my new ar couple months Back, curious what's a good gas block with rail?any advice or experience?
    My first ar15
    ForumRunner_20130927_100559.jpg

2. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Kinda pricey, but JP makes adjustable gas blocks. If you're rifle is a SHTF gun, or you are keeping it for the zombie apocolypse, it would be handy for if you have to change ammo. Course, I think you have a pinned sight base/gas block. Don't know your skill level, or that of whoever you have working on your gun, but pinned sights can be a buggar to take off.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

First why do you think you need a railed gas block and what are your intentions with it . Personally I would leave what you have on it , its durable , reliable and gas leaks wont be a problem with your current setup . I removed a FSP and went to a low pro Troy and honestly I wish I would have just left good enough alone.
    If you just need rail space use what you currently have

4. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

The reason I'm interested in a railed gas block is because I want to put a folding front sight on, gives me an option for my red dot sight

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In that case I'd skip the railed gas block idea and go for a free float full length fore grip and a low profile gas block.

6. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Forget the rail gas block. I have one and I wished I had your setup. Your frontsight should line up with your red dot. If it doesn't get a riser for it. The railgas blocks aren't pinned to the barrel so they do come loose.

7. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

Thanks bro, I think i'll leave it as it is for now.