Suggestions on new addition this year

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Powersportgiant, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

I typically add at least one gun per year to my collection, and looking for good suggestions based on the experience of forum members here, as to what would be a good addition. My current collection is:

Walther P22
    S&W bodyguard .380
    Glock 26
    Glock 23
    Colt lawman 4" .357

Marlin 60 .22lr
    S&W m&P AR - 15
    Remington 700 .308 rifle
    Mossberg 500 12 gauge
    Remington 12 gauge

I am wanting to add another semi auto pistol of some sort. More for range use and accuracy. I know a good 1911 would be a nice addition. I did have a Taurus PT1911 and it was junk. I do want something that us more reasonable to shoot with the ammunition prices. Maybe a nice full size 9mm? Any suggestions ?

2. mcb

mcb New Member

I like my Beretta 92, I don't shoot it often but its a good range gun. A little bulky to carry. I also have the Taurus knock off, the finish isn't holding up as well and I replaced the locking block early on, but it shoots better IMHO. Both will take whatever I feed them.

Personally I love revolvers. I got into cowboy action a few years back, and have been adding single actions since. I'm finally biting the bullet and buying a true Colt SAA, I found one last week and put it on layaway I plan to pick it up in about three weeks.

3. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

You need a Calico. ANY of them will do :)

Once you get one, its like having a Yamaha V-Max...nothing else quite measures up ;)

4. Powersportgiant

The calico is not really my taste. Thinking of more of a high quality semi auto pistol.

5. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I'm going to take a seriously long look at that new Bersa polymer 9mm.....BMP9 22, or something that.

$350 bucks and it seems like a decent gun.

6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I'd say you need a 1911. Or maybe a S&W .44mag revolver.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I just lucked into an 84 Benz. I wonder if I could trade that for a 1911? That would be sweet.

8. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Looking at your list, I'd say you need a lever-action rifle - maybe a 30/30 or something in .45 colt or a Marlin or Henry .22 . . .
    As for 9mm pistols, I shot an HK USP many years ago and really liked the way that felt.

9. Powersportgiant

I like the idea of the .44 mag. And of course I will have to throw a 1911 in at some point.. Maybe I just need lottery tickets to support my firearms addiction

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Yep, nothing says badass like Dirty Harry's gun. I just need to find room in the budget for one.

11. sharpshot

sharpshot New Member

Two guns I am looking at are the Walther PPQ and the CZ PO7 Duty. Both in 9MM. Reports are fantastic on both of these, so these are on my list.
    Just a couple of the many many options.

Be Prepared.

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You need a 1911.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i second this! check out the American Classic II in 45acp. really underestimated pistols. lots of people think because they are made in the Philipine Islands they must not be quality guns. nothing could be further from the truth. i have one and it's accurate and well made, functions with everything i have ever put through it. the only bad thing i can say about it is this, the magazines couldd be much better IMO, but we all know we are going to buy more magazines anyway, so that's not that big a problem. the price on them is decent too. just my suggestion.

14. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

I evaluated my gun inventory and decided that I need a .45 ACP, so I ordered the Ruger .45 ACP double-action with an adjustible rear sight.

When I got my .44 mag revolver a few years back, I was debating between it and the .45 ACP. I have since decided that I need them both, that there are things one can do which the other cannot do.

15. Powersportgiant

All excellent suggestions here. I cannot disagree that I need and want to add a 1911 to the mix. However, after range time yesterday with 5 different calibers, I am thinking hard on a full size 9mm to really improve my accuracy. I am fairly accurate with the guns I own but really want a full size. I like that CZ that was mentioned and the beretta m9. Ahh decisions

16. mcb

mcb New Member

Good problem to have.

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

CZ... definitely the CZ.

18. utf59

utf59 New Member

Look at the XD(M) 9mm. They make 4.5" and 5.25" versions.

Browning Hi-Power comes to mind as well.

19. jgos929

jgos929 New Member

Its a shame you had issues with your PT1911. I've had mine for 2 years with maybe a 1000 rounds through it and it goes bang every time.

I agree with some of the others, you need a 1911

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You can't go wrong with a gun that has John Moses Browning genes.

If you want a 9 mike mike, there is no better than "The King of Nines", the Browning Hi-Power (aka; P-35, HP for "Hi-Power" or "High-Power", GP for the French term, "Grande Puissance", BAP for Browning Automatic Pistol).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]