Suggestions for names of guns?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SDJonathan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SDJonathan

SDJonathan New Member

Yeah, I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a variety of weapons similar to firearms that will be featured in a book I'm writing. They fire spinning razor discs rather than bullets, and the diameter of the disc is measured in inches for the ammo size.

So far I've come up with one name: The .98 Impasse, a handheld discshot which fires discs roughly the size of a quarter (hence the .98 part).

Can anybody else offer any interesting or catchy names I can use for this line of weaponry?

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Some writers of old west novels often mentioned dimes. They would write about a gunman loading shotshells with stack of dimes. This is stupid for a couple of reasons. For one thing a stack of dimes to fill a shotshell in those days amounted to a weeks wages for a cowboy. The other reason the low density dimes when fired had the effect of falling leaves past a few feet. Firing any kind of disk from a gun is not likely to be a very good projectile. Bullets are all about mass and velocity I think flying disk fail on both counts. And in closing, Code of the West- Rule one, Never name anything you may have to eat.:D

3. SDJonathan

SDJonathan New Member

These are guns specifically made to fire discs and intended to breach a type of armor in the story that is nigh impossible to pierce, it must be cut.

Anyway, this is fiction, so I'm just looking for cool names for ranged weapons of this sort.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

the Dillinger, the most feared. high explosive device known to FTF!

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I wouldn't use "Impasse", as that means you have come to a standstill or you are deadlocked. The concept sounds interesting. When I was a kid they had toy guns that fired little plastic discs and those things would go a long ways, they stung pretty good to when you got shot by them.

As to names? I got nothing right now.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Ok its only fiction. My latin is rusty but. Decedere might work [Die] and you could add Discus [Disk]. Discus Decedere [Death Disk].:D

7. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

8. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Shuriken + razor

Shurizor

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Super High Impact Thrower. ****. And you could give your character a tag line. Every time he blasts someone with his ****, he screams '**** has hit the fan!!!!!'

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

The grave digger, the peace keeper, the punisher, the kricket (small and jumps), the hornet, Oden, ryobi