Suggestions For Laser/Light & Holster For My New 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ryevick, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ryevick

ryevick Member

Bought this Taurus this afternoon at Buds! I want to maybe pickup either a laser or light or combo and also a holster for it... suggestions? Not sure what type holster I want but hearing what holsters people like for there 1911 would help. I assume pretty much any 1911 holster will work... it does come with a second clip so that may be a factor as well, haven't decided yet.

2. cuba

cuba New Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

3. ryevick

ryevick Member

I emailed them and told them to put my order on hold because I'm having second thoughts on which one I want... I'm kinda thinking this one right now... I don't really think I need the whole rail/laser/light thing... I have read a few people don't like the finish that much though... wish I could put one in my hand before I buy.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its all about what makes you happy, but in all reality 1911 guys dont want rails and lights/lasers on their 1911s. I like the non-railed version better myself, just my preference though

5. ryevick

ryevick Member

6. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

www.phlster.com

I dont have flash on my work computer so I cant see the website. But if I remeber correctly they do offer kydex holsters for the PT1911 with attached light/laser combos. Not sure which ones, but Im sure they have something. I think they would even do custom holsters but you would have to send them your laser.

7. bassplaya

bassplaya New Member

I own that pistol and love it but unfortunately, railed taurus 1911's have a different width for the rail so it is pretty difficult to find holsters. I'd get the non-railed version if I was doing it over.