suggestions for a new hand gun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rtyauch, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

Ok so i currently own a Ruger sr9c a Ruger p-90 and a Taurus millennium .45. I have a budget of $800 give or take for a new hand gun. I wanted to hear what everyone else suggests not sure what to get i dont want anything smaller then a 9mm...

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

S&W MP9, XD, XDM. 1911, sig 226... are you just looking for ideas to add to the collection or is it going to serve a purpose like SD/HD?

3. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

really to add to the collection i have a mossberg 500 persuader for HD and i use my sr9 for CC... i have 26 acres and shoot multiple times a week just looking for something else to have

4. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

was looking into a 1911 but so many options and brands i dont know where to start

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Colt, Springfield, Remington, and Smith & Wesson,

of course.

Get Stainless Steel. You'll thank me later...

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well with that info. i would say it has to be either a .357, or a 1911.. remington, and Springfield armory make good entry level 1911's. ofcourse you can always go above entry level.. just go to see what you like.

7. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

i like the looks of the Springfield.. wonder if any of the gun stores around here stock them... defiantly want stainless..

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Ruger 1911 msrp for 700 i think. Imo it doesn't get better than ruger.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html
    I say 700$ because with most of their products i have seen in stores are 10-12% lower than online

9. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

yea and sometimes a little cheaper then that.. got my sr9c for new 430 after taxes was about $100 cheaper

10. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

My point exactly. And ruger in my book is the best of the best. Ruger sr1911 its a reasonable price and just as functional as the 1000+ colts and sigs.

11. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

that extra cash not spent can go to more ammo and extra mags maybe some nice grips

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Indeed. When are purchasing your sr1911?

13. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

probably Thursday holiday weekend and all would rather wait

14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

When you get it, post pics!!!

Nice to see another newby join. Welcome, enjoy your time here!

15. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

just for the he*l of it in the rv right now but thats whats laying around [​IMG]

16. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

If you use the shotgun for HD personally i would attach the butt. More stability, more accuracy, and from what people say shooting a pistol grip 12 is very uncomfortable.

17. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

iv run probably 2000-3000 rounds through it like that only seems to be a problem after about 150 but i have kind of big hands and long arms so it kinda fits me perfect for waist fire... with as many rounds as iv fired through it i feel like i could hit the target first try... just has some mg 00 buck shot in it right now..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  18. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Well man if your'e comfortable keep it as is.

19. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

have the 20 inch barrel seems kinda long with the stock indoors also.. guess it just depends what your comfortable with though

20. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Gp100 .357 mag, cant go wrong with that. Pretty cheap to shoot and cant go wrong with a Ruger.

Attached Files: