Suggestion

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by TheSadPanda, May 21, 2011.

1. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I have noticed in a lot of threads I will read the original post, but when I am reading through the rest of the comments I lose track of who the OP is and who is just chiming in. Also, I'm not sure if people just don't read all the posts, or do the same thing I do, but when I start a thread I have trouble getting people to answer my questions on my additional posts on that thread. It seems that people only address the original post, and usually (not always) don't consider the OP's follow up suggestions or questions.

Basically, would you consider having just a small label somewhere for each thread that labels who the OP is? It could be automatically put somewhere in the OP's posting area when they post. For example, it automatically adds "- OP" into the title section of their post.

This is just a random thought I had when I was reading through some threads. for all I know I am the only one with this problem, in which case there's no need to change anything, but if others have this problem, then maybe it's worth looking into.

Thanks for reading my suggestion :)

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Some very good points panda.

We could all improve the content of the FTF if we were to follow your suggestions.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I agree that some threads get off track. I know that I am guilty of doing it.

Therefore, I agree to start a new thread if I have additional or other questions.

4. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Yes exactly, just something simple but noticeable. It could be anything that you want it to be. Make the OP's indicator bright pink ;) I think that will get everybody's attention.

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

You mean something in the thread as a reminder of who the OP is?

Like an off color indicator for their post box or something?

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How hard would it be to tell who the OP is in each thread? For the computers I mean.

7. victorzamora

victorzamora New Member

Computer-wise it shouldn't be too hard, a couple booleans....I just don't know if the forum generator that FTF uses is capable of it without a fairly major overhaul.