Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to scopes since my eyes are going and i purchased this scope that did not come with mounts. There are so many my head is exploding just trying to find a pair that will mount to my Ruger Mini 30.

Can anyone suggest a pair of rings that won't cost more than the scope?
Thanks in advance,

·
Supporting Member
12,913 Posts
Big Jim
Maybe this will help!
The first picture is a complete mounting system for your Mini 30.
If you will notice the Rail has a hole in the middle of it so you can still use your Iron Sights looking through the Rail.
The other pictures are a separate solid Rail and the Mount for the scope. It is also an offset Ring Mount toward the front of the Rifle for proper eye relief with the Scope.
This first Mount runs around $89.00 Includes Rail and Rings
The Solid Picitinny Rail $29.00 to $36.95 depending on the manufacturer.
The Offset Ring Mount $36.95
Camera accessory Gas Optical instrument Cylinder Auto part
Font Composite material

Arm Bicycle part Font Auto part Composite material

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks,
Big Jim
Maybe this will help!
If you will notice the Rail has a hole in the middle of it so you can still use your Iron Sights looking through the Rail.
The other pictures are a separate solid Rail and the Mount for the scope. It is also an offset Ring Mount toward the front of the Rifle for proper eye relief with the Scope.
View attachment 235720 View attachment 235722
View attachment 235724
HI, thank you. My eyes are shot and I can no longer look at the sights & the target, so i need the scope. I do have a rail, so for that offset ring mount, any suggested manufacturer? I appreciate any referrals, its like looking at jelly at the grocery store, when there are hundreds of choices, you are turned off and make no choice.....

·
Supporting Member
12,913 Posts
BigJiLm

Monstrum Slim Profile Series Offset Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount 1 inch Diameter . On Amazon for around $30.00 If you are a Prime Member Free Shipping. If you are a Prime Member Shipping is Free!

The reason they are reasonable they are Aluminum but should serve your purpose with no problem. Unless you want to go with steel. Obviously they would be more!
We can locate some of them if that is what you want?

Reactions: Coyote Ugly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigJiLm

Monstrum Slim Profile Series Offset Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount 1 inch Diameter . On Amazon for around $30.00
Thank you Sniper, appreciate pointing me in the right direction. I am trying to avoid giving ANY business to amazon, so i'll start at optics planet.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I used three screw
Burris P.E.R.R. Scope Mount 30mm on my Bushnells...

Air gun Trigger Gas Machine gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Jim
Maybe this will help!
View attachment 235720 View attachment 235722
View attachment 235724
Hi, i did have one more question, what scop is that you picture? I would prefer a shorter one like that. Appreciate your help.

·
Supporting Member
12,913 Posts
JiLm
I would suggest you might take a look at the Bushnell Scopes. The shorter Scope which would probably serve your purpose is a 1 X 4 Power w/ 1 Inch Tube. This power range would be excellent for Home Defense 1X for close in shots & 4X to reach out a little ways! IMO it would be great for your Mini! And for the money, hard to beat for under $200. Here is a picture of one of them. They have others if you want something different. But for the money you can not beat a Bushnell Optic.

They run about $179.00 and if you shop around you might find one for less! Lifetime Warranty!
COVERAGE YOU CAN COUNT ON
All Bushnell products are engineered to deliver to your expectation and manufactured to withstand the rigors of the outdoors for the lifetime of the product. In the event that our product fails you, we will stand behind it and repair it at no cost to you. If we can’t repair it then we will replace it with a product of equal or better value. No receipt required and fully transferable.
Arm Product Camera accessory Cameras & optics Cylinder

Reactions: BigJiLm

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Keep your warranty handy with a Bushnell Banner. I've had nothing but trouble with one. Finally replaced it with a Burris, good scope.

·
Premium Member
14,628 Posts
Which series Mini 30? Most came with rings since the Mini's have built in mounts. There are bridge rails that fit the Mini's. With those you can use standard rings. Do not try to use the cantilever rings shown in above posts. They are for AR's and will put the scope too high. Mini's are rough on scopes. I like shotgun scopes in the 1.5-5X range for them. They are carbines not long range rifles. I have Bushnell Trophy XLT shotgun scopes 1.75-4X 32 with a Circle X reticle set up for mine in Ruger rings which are the best rings for the guns. Mine are 581 series and take the Ruger 4B blue or 4KHM stainless for use with the 40mm front bell. Ruger sells them for $40 each or $80 for the pair. If you register your rifle with Ruger they will give you a 20% off coupon.
Bridge rails that fit the scope mount bases run $10 to $60 and then you need rings which will be $15 and up. The advantage is you can mount any optic to the rail. The disadvantage is it limits access to the breach and it is a pita to fieldstrip the gun.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Thanks, which model did you end up getting?
Don't know, it's a 90s 2.5X i bought on ebay. It's on a Husqvarna 640, 8mm. The Banner wouldn't hold zero, the Burris is The Rock of Gibraltar. I've heard many good things about Burris optics even that they are on par with Leupold. They have a lifetime guarantee too.

·
Supporting Member
12,913 Posts
JTJ
Is correct you want a mount like the first picture of the Mini the two top pictures in my first response to this thread. Others will be too high!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts