Suggest New thread areas

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by danf_fl, Jul 5, 2010.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

First: "What do I have and how much is it worth?"
    Second: "Which firearm should I buy?"

:)

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Dan, I think there are about two billion threads on which handgun to buy or which is best for my first etc.

As far as what do I have and what is it worth, those show up quite regularly and might be worth a separate forum. However, they usually wind up in C&R or wherever may be appropriate. Not always, but frequently.

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

"What gun should I buy" is a topic, that should probably be self-identified by interested posters as deserving to be in the Survival forum, the Revolver forum, the rifle forum, etc.

However, perhaps a subforum around the question, "What firearm should I buy first?"

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

We need a section focused on Mall Ninja's...

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Chairborne Rangers, Tactiqueers.........

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Gay Berets and Rump Rangers. You forgot these NGIB.

7. BigSe63xy

BigSe63xy New Member

I think we need a place for beginers. I have a lot of basic questions to ask but I don't feel comfortable putting it in the general rifle discussion part. I feel like I'm getting in the way there.

8. freefall

freefall New Member

I want to pump my idea for a Miss Manners section so we techno-tards can learn how to appropriately respond to electronic stimuli.

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the appropriate section. We welcome them. Trust me-you won't be getting in the way. The only dumb question is the 1 that was never asked. By posting in the proper section you'll enjoy the benefit of more viewers and possible answers.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Do I hear a
    [​IMG]

11. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I know bugger-all and its never stopped me heh

This is true - the patience of experienced members here cannot be overstated. Kudos to all who assist us clueless newbs :D

On topic though - what would you buy if $$ (and legalities) were no object? I could probably write a book on that :rolleyes:

12. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Bring in da Noise, Bring in da Funk.
    DaFunkSmall.jpg

Also, how about a non-firearms marketplace section? Where mebers can sell one another gear like saddles or computer gadgets and the like?

13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

How about a new section for the...

Hello, I am working on a; SHTF novel, a research paper, a magazine article; getting into journalism; becoming a writer; looking for rebuttals to my lib friends; looking for info on gun control to argue my professor...and I was wondering if you could help crowd that seems so prevalent lately.

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Most crime rata data can be obtained on the internet at the FBI website (I used it once to refute a claim from one of our northern neighbors that the US is more violent than Canada per capita (it isn't)).
    Information obtained from a forum (normally) is just opinion. It can be determined how accurate it is by research.
    (Arguing does not solve anything. Offer a debate to your professor, but don't argue. Sometimes a person passing or failing course is a matter of opinion, too)

15. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

I'd like to see "Black Guns" and "Sporting Guns" separated.

16. atm7819

atm7819 New Member

A test section would be nice. It lets people try to add pics or make signature changes without cluttering up the main forum.

17. dwhawkman

dwhawkman New Member

Great Idea

The idea of a "What Do I Have?" and "Whats It Worth?'' area is a great idea.

18. CLJones

CLJones New Member

Having had written a couple of papers over the years or needing a quick link to info, maybe a page with links to reputable sources to go to would nice. Combined knowledge from round the internet.