Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
40,000 members,,,they all have to eat and most of these guys probably cook and there's gotta be some really good recipes out there to share along with all sorts of cooking ideas. How about it?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
40,000 members,,,they all have to eat and most of these guys probably cook and there's gotta be some really good recipes out there to share along with all sorts of cooking ideas. How about it?
Yeah- Ya'll need to teach WC to cook :p

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cook some more, Hoss,,cook some more....;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one is taking about 500 gallons of water a day to maintain. Once ou figure what it costs to pump that water, it would probably be a lot cheaper to go buy those pickles and tomatos. But, I have a real aversion to that stuff in the stores, now, you dont know what foreign country it comes from or if it is GMO or what. You know my company is contract research, and that GMO stuff is real crap. So, we pay the electric bill and grow our own.

I found the thread on recipes. I think it would get more traffic if it were moved out front.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
This one is taking about 500 gallons of water a day to maintain. Once ou figure what it costs to pump that water, it would probably be a lot cheaper to go buy those pickles and tomatos. But, I have a real aversion to that stuff in the stores, now, you dont know what foreign country it comes from or if it is GMO or what. You know my company is contract research, and that GMO stuff is real crap. So, we pay the electric bill and grow our own.

I found the thread on recipes. I think it would get more traffic if it were moved out front.
Yeah, the ones we had on the other forums got a lot of traffic.
I'm always looking for other folks chili recipes :)
Heck, i learned how to fry a turkey on a forum!

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
Heck, i learned how to fry a turkey on a forum!
I learned how to cook ribs on a grill from the guys here. I never could do it right. They'd always be tough. I asked here how to grill ribs and got a lot of good answers. I made an excellent rack of ribs not too long after that. Not only did they look good, they were DELICIOUS.

This forum is full of wonderful people who want to help.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I will have to keep up with this thread and give up one of my chili recipes. When I mean chili, I mean chili. Not like meat soup with red sauce. I mean like burn your face off chili, but I like it that way. That's what GOOD chili is all about in my opinion. I'm voting for a recipe/cooking forum. Always fun to try something new.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Chili can only be made if you have good chile. If you dont have New Mexico Chimayo red chile to begin with, you might just as well go on back to New York. Chimayo peppers are only grown on the Chimayo Pueblo next to the Rio Grand in the New Mexico Central Highlands........

:D

Just kiddin, Corey,,,not really....ha. Food shouldnt be painful to eat in my book, Spicy, yes, but it should be delicious and wonderful, and rich with flavor. Chili should be rich and thick enough to stand up a spoon. I make mine with beans, some folks in Texas and southern Arid Zona, dont use beans. The Anasazi were making chili with meat and beans a thousand years ago in the 4 corners region.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I think threads in off topic are going to have to be it.

I think it would get a good start, then teeter off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.