Sub-Compact 9mm with a Manual Safety

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Polygon, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I went shooting with my father last year and let him fire my Kahr PM9. At the time he was using a Ruger LCP for his concealed carry. He really likes my PM9 and sold his LCP with the intention to buy the CM9.

However, he decided that he wants a manual safety. I don't know of many 9mm in that size with a manual safety. If you know of any could you please post them up so we could compare?

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Can't recommend due to so many negative reports but as far as a sample of one goes - my 12-shot Taurus Mil Pro PT-111 9mm has been a great subcompact and has a manual safety. DAO version.

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

The M&P full size can be had with one...perhaps the Compact as well. The XD with trigger and grip safety are as safe as you can get IMO.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not a SUB compact but the Ruger SR9C has one-
    I really dont want anything smaller :eek:

6. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

M&P 9c is a sub compact that can be had with trigger safety or manual safety switch on the side. I have this gun...trigger safety version and it shoots extremely well.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Ruger LC9 would be the place to start.

Kimber Solo Carry is another option, albeit spendy. I've heard the bulk of the kinks have finally been worked out.

8. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

CZ 2075 Rami is another option.

-Fred

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

It's bigger than many of the LCP/PM9 type micros under consideration. But it's also probably the best gun mentioned in this thread, IMO.

10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I know he won't consider something bigger than the micro variants. We had looked into the Kimber. The price was a bit high, but the wait time is what really killed it for him.