Stupid, stupid, stupid article on gun control

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by OhNoNotaGun, Dec 14, 2014.

1. OhNoNotaGun

OhNoNotaGun New Member

I just read an article and am tearing my hair out. I cannot believe people can be this stupid.

Some anti-gun dude wrote this massive article on why guns are evil, why gun control works, why the laws aren't strict enough and why we are all dumb little children who should give up our choices.

He wrote an article with 21 "reasons" (read: illogical, emotionally-driven crap) why guns should be regulated more or outright banned.

Not surprising at all, but still gets me mad.

I'm going to pick this guy apart by refuting everything he says. Started on it here:

http://www.banforksandspoons.com/21-reasons-why-gun-control-works-refuted-part-1/

The article he wrote is huge. Going to post new part every few days refuting his nonsense.

Important that we let people like them know what we think of their ludicrous attempts at restricting our freedom. Just read the article - it's everything silly and stupid about anti-gunners rolled into one overly long article.

Feel free to comment on the article as it progresses. Feedback is welcome.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It must be true. It's posted on the internet. :)

3. mseric

mseric New Member

Sure you can.

We elected BO not once but twice.

We have the worst economy in recent memory and 50% of American thinks BO is doing a good job.

WA just passed I-594 by popular vote.

Need I go on?

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

WA and OR were Kalifornicated. They should try it in Mexico. Stupidity is contagious.

5. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

There are too many points in his column to spend time refuting. We live in the same country I suppose; he just sees things differently.

6. mseric

mseric New Member

I personally do not think this is about how he "see things". He is in full indoctrination mode not "here is my opinion" mode. This is agenda based, not information and opinion based.

7. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

There is an article in the July/August issue of "American Handgunner" titled "Gun Rights" by Alan Korwin. Reading it should lift your spirits and give you all the ammo needed to refute that article. You may be able to access the article online from the magazine or maybe Alan Korwin has a website?

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok, so the original post was off-the-wall. The responses were no different. Two sides of the same coin.

9. OhNoNotaGun

OhNoNotaGun New Member

I like the responses.

Some may think people like this should be ignored. I think it's important to call them out, argue with them, point out their fallacious argument, because if we don't, people who are on the fence about guns may start believing in his madness, illogical conclusions, lies and emotional appeals to restrict our freedoms. More anti-gun fodder for the pool.

Clearly, this guy (the anti-gun article author) won't change his mind. That's pretty much like trying to get Bloomberg to admit he's a blathering, jackass statist. Won't happen.

So I'm not writing it for him. I'm writing the refutation for those still on the fence who can be persuaded to see reason, logic and common sense.

Maybe you guys can point out weaknesses in his argument via the comments or for next parts in the article.

10. OhNoNotaGun

OhNoNotaGun New Member

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Why do we use logic and reason and try to persuade these people with well articulated responses? I mean, were the ones with all the guns.

:D

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

As Dr. Goebbels said, "Tell a lie and keep repeating it, people will come to believe it." Much as I appreciate the OP's missionary zeal in going after the author of this piece, it's akin to trying to herd cats. Anyone this far gone is beyond hope, you'll never change his mind.

13. OhNoNotaGun

OhNoNotaGun New Member

:)

Fair point. I know I will never change this guy's mind. I'm not writing it for him. I'm writing it for people who are on the fence about guns. If my refutation helps neutral people critically think about firearms instead of making their decisions about guns based on hearsay, fallacies, lies and over-reporting by a cultish media, then I will have done my job.

If I can persuade one person who is neutral towards guns to see things reasonably (and see that guns are not evil), I know the world will be a better place. :)

So I'm not writing it for people like him, Bloomberg or Feinstein. They are beyond hope.

I am writing it for people who still have the ability to think with logic, reason and common sense but are still undecided as to whether guns are good or bad.

Part 3 coming today.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  14. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

It's amazing that people can't see that a vast majority of gun advocates such as yourself use good sense and reasoning skills to explain truths but so many fall for the lies, contortion and twisting of not only half truths but outright fabricated statistics and so called articles....REALLY amazes me. Keep up the good work Bro....:cool::cool:

15. OhNoNotaGun

OhNoNotaGun New Member

Thanks, encouragement is appreciated. Gun owners, in my experience, are some of the most down to earth, logical people who just want the government to leave them alone.

Part 4 has been published:

http://www.banforksandspoons.com/21-reasons-why-gun-control-works-refuted-part-4/

As always, open to feedback.

16. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Don't waste your ****in time reading the BS...thats what they want is you to read it.

17. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to get pissed off reading anti-gun rants. But no matter how pissed off I got, it didn't change anything. So now I don't read em.

18. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Too bad you need to register to read that Garbage. Waste of my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

19. hairbear1

hairbear1 Active Member

Best reply to all that would be to ask the oxygen thief how banning guns worked for Germany, Russia, China and few other "peaceful '' places during history and how the use of guns restored peace to the world.

How many CCW have stopped crims in the past year or so and because of this a lot of people are still alive.

Agreed you can't argue with idiots but sometimes a very curt precise reply stops these morons in their tracks as they just about drown in their own dribble replying.