stupid mASS question.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mountainman13, May 1, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anyone know where I might be able to get a 10/22 25 rnd mag in Massachusetts? Were they around pre-ban?
    Thanks

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes i had a few 25 round mags back in the 80's for ye olde 10/22.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Any clue where I could snag some?

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Without a date stamped on it you still may have issues w/ the AG. The burden of proof is on you. Finding one is the other issue.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I'm sure getting my hands on some at a gun show is no problem. The question of them being legal at that point is my problem. I would prefer to get them from an ffl so I know I'm safe.
    The laws are just so stupid. Why bother giving people a high capacity license if they can't really use it.
    I'm sure I'll get my hands on them eventually its just a long annoying drawn out process just like it was for my glock and AR mags.

6. fstkmaro

fstkmaro New Member

careful with those gun shows. Many sellers there tend to defy the law. I would stay away if there is no way to verify the date of mfg on them.
    The 10-22 has been around for a while I am sure that there are plenty. I woud call four seasons in woburn to gather information. Hunter's trading post in weymouth may know some as well.

good luck

7. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

You could try Four Seasons in Woburn or Collectors Coin Gallery in Stoneham. It's been a while since I was in the Stoneham store, but they had some pre-ban mags of all types.

I'm not sure if Hunter's will have any. There hi-caps tend to be handguns or AK/AR type mags, but they are worth a call or email.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks man. I'll check them.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Four seasons is a no go. Carl got back to me quick.
    Still waiting on response from the other.

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

First, make sure you fire all Anti-Gun lawmakers in your state...keep up with the NRA-ILA profiles on politicians.

Second, make sure you snail mail all incoming lawmakers that you want the stupid hi-cap law repealed, or at least given a .22 exception.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol yeah unless we replace all of them including the ag and governor. It will never happen. We will be Damn lucky to see reciprocity or stand your ground.

12. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I'll be going to my LGS Saturday, I can ask him if he knows any places.

Also, most of the fun stuff we can't have here is because of the state AG. Can't blame everything on the idiot Deval.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would appreciate that. Ty
    Yeah I know 90% is the ag. He doesn't help matters any though.
    He's really on my **** list for military related things. He doesn't give a **** about the soldiers.

14. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

When I was in Afghanistan, him and the Gov of Vermont (and some others) came over to "visit" the troops (my brigade is made up of units from MA, VT, NH, RI, and a few in the midwest). Most of the Brigade was on Camp Phoenix, my unit was on a camp 45 minutes south... he never came to visit us there (and he was told we were there).

However, John Kerry was over there, too, and even HE managed to come by and say hi (also sent us some cigars from his visit to Gitmo).

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah that sounds like deval.