Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Gizord1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

While I was tryin to reason with a bunch of liberals on Facebook, on the topic of "assault weapons", one of them uses this as a reply to a comment about criminals can't just go out and buy a grenade launcher (the same guy tried to say that criminals use grenade launchers and how an "assault weapon" would be useless if a criminal broke into your home with a grenade launcher).

http://www.opednews.com/populum/lin...un-Laws-Are-S-in-General_News-121217-367.html

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

So what the f*ck is a criminal going to do with a frigging grenade launcher? Don't you need some frigging grenades to make it of any use? Tell Mr. liberal panty waste to start trying to buy a live grenade and see where that lands him.:eek:

3. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I can't, I was banned from the page XD

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Oh please oh please oh please!!! SHTF!!!

Just a little one!

I only need like 3-4 months without power to let these morons wipe themselves out!

Please oh please oh please!!!!!

5. Donn

Donn Active Member

Mentioned this in another post. You'll never discuss this issue rationally with anyone on the Left even in the best of times. After an incident like Newtown, it's impossible. Save your breath and sanity. You can't use logic with someone who uses emotion and feelings.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was at Jerry;s Outdoor Sports yesterday. He had grenade launchers for sale. I asked "What the heck do you shoot out of that?" They toldme it works with pepper spray and some type of marking round. Nothing explosive. It actually mounts under the barrel of an AR. I used something similar in the army. I think it was an M-203 back then.

I said to the salesman "I can't belive it. After all these years I found something in your store that I have absolutely no use for."

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

It's a 37mm 'flare launcher' they're legal because there's no explosive rounds for them.
    The military uses a 40mm launcher, those need all the proper paperwork/body cavity searches... And $200 tax stamp...per round.

8. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

there's a lot of idiotic stories being posted on facebook. one such story was headlined "do armed citizens stop mass shootings? No." and then provided a bunch of instances where armed citizens stepped in in the middle of a "mass shooting" and either A) the citizen was shot and killed himself while defending another and therefore, did no good, B) the citizen was actually an off-duty cop, or a military veteran (as if that makes them above the law somehow and not 'orinary citizens?) or C) said they were a vigilante who was not arrested for his "justifiable homicide" by the cops.

It's simply amazing how illogical these people are, how they rationalize and twist a set of facts to fit their argument.

I will look at my own arguments and try to find holes in them, and make sure I'm not doing the same thing they do, but in the other direction, but I just can't find any real holes in my logic, yet theirs is full of them.

9. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

"A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"

I quoted this directly from the article, it provides no additional input or debate for the topic being discussed so I apologize for that however it does provoke a question...how does a pistol grip protrude "conspicuously" beneath the action of a weapon. I get a kick out of that one every time.

10. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

It is the use of the big words that make them sound smarter than they really are. :D

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I was attempting to have a rational discussion with a good friend that is quite liberal. This nice lady (and she is a nice lady) is an attorney, and additionally has a MA degree in psychology.

I can't quote the exact words, but she said, in effect:

Ron the trouble with you and all of the damned conservatives is that you always try to use cold, uncaring intellectual arguments. You need to let yourself be ruled by your by heart. The heart will never lead you in the wrong direction.

Intellect is fine for mathematics and engineering, but human problems should be solved from the heart. Look into your heart, and you'll see that I'm right!

Again, she has a BA, MA and JD.
    How do you argue with that mindset???:confused::confused:

12. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

with that definition, I would argue that a black pistol grip blends in with a black finish and black stock, so therefor, it is inconspicuous. now, if you put an OD pistol grip on a black rifle, THEN it becomes conspicuous, and thus, "should be banned" in their opinion.

13. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

If that was actually true, the human race would have gone extinct millenniums ago.

14. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

As the person in my avatar would say,

"You should learn to control your emotions, for they will be your undoing"

@locutus,
    I had to respond to what your Doctor friend said. :D

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'd say, my heart told me to hate blacks, Jews, and homosexuals.... But then I used logic and reason to see that they were no different than me.

Or I'd say, 'tell that to the millions of people who use their heart to kill in the name of their God'

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Tell her you know a guy (me) who was stabbed in the heart, and flatlined on an operating room table.
    My heart now tells me to shoot back.

(That's not a joke either).

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Liberals are indoctrinated, not educated. Common sense and logic are not part of their training.

18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

there was another article linked in the link stated that you could retrofit a grenade launcher to shoot shotgun shells.

1. Is that even possible?
    2. Even if it was possible, who cares. So you take a grenade launcher and make it fire something far less dangerous?
    3. Where the hell do you but 40mm grenades?

19. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

You can do so with an adapter, however it's a destructive device. But if you have a grenade launcher already, I think you got the class 3 DD registering out of the way.

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

All I can say is:

[​IMG]