Stuff I Got at a Yard Sale?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I got some stuff at a yard sale and have some questions, and thought someone could be of assistance... Mind helpin' me?

I got 3 boxes of ammo (well, 2.5 anyways)..
    1 box of western .30-40 Krag, Just curious anybody know when this box is from? it looks pretty old to me... I have no plans of shooting it, I just got it to look "pretty" next to my 1895...

1.5 box of 1962 M72 .30-06 Match ammo, is this stuff collectible? Or should I just shoot it?

Leather Hunter shoulder holster, 55M, left handed- Tried to look it up on Hunters website and Ebay, but nothing came up... Looks like it would fit a semi-auto like a 1911, I put my S&W M59 in it, but the holster holds a longer gun...

WWI cleaning rod? Its marked R.H Long 11-18.. It looks like it could be military, but its for a .22?? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

30-40 box looks like the 40s-50s vintage. Small collector's value for match ammo (keep day job- I said small) The US and British used .22 training rifles during WW 2- I own a couple.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't know anything about any of that, but let me be the first to say... YOU SUCK FOR BEING ABLE TO FIND COOL STUFF AT A YARD SALE. :p :D (there is never any cool stuff like that at the yard sales around here :()

Congrats on the finds, how much did they set you back?

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

But I dont have a day job C3..... :( Thanks for the info!

All of it was $40.. Theres only one store in town that carries .30-40 and they want $30+tax for a new box, so I dont think I did to bad... :)

I dont always find stuff this neat...

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I second that....the only thing ive ever found at a yard sale which i turned the truck around to go look at was a couple rifles and a couple shotguns.

They had a beat up and heavily used mossberg 500 that they were asking 400 bucks for. Of all four of the long guns, they were way overpriced junk.

6. Misfire

Misfire New Member

As I recall, I've managed to find anything gun related at exactly 1 yard sale. Same thing, a couple of clunky shotguns, in horrible condition, badly rusted, with the asking price of a new one.

Most yard sales around here are either kids stuff, or clothes.

7. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I just bought another old (pre-1900) revolver for $15. She needs grips and a couple of springs. So it should keep me busy for a couple days.