Students in school are told not to fight back

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by molonlabexx, Apr 1, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Hey folks. I know this has been going on for a long time but I wanted to get your opinion on something. Nowadays, public schools are teaching kids NOT to fight back when struck by another student (bully or aggressor). So when some kid walks into the bathroom, gets the **** beaten out of him, he is supposed to go in a fetile position. Please, this is like Biden's Shotgun principle. Almost like a "fist free" zone... This new generation is growing up a bunch of weaklings. Getting trophies for "participating".

Thanks to axxe55, I also want to add that if you fight back, you are suspended or expelled.

There is my rant for the night.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree with you 100%! welcome to the new world of political correctness. and a part of the problem is, if the student decides to make a stand and defend him or herself, they are penalized for it. somuch for taking a stand against a bully!:mad:

3. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Well
    Were not all sheep,

4. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I forgot about that, gonna add that to the post actually. It is sickening

5. Axxe55

no we're not, but they are trying to teach the newer generations into being sheep.

6. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

More like relying on the government for welfare and things. That way, when people rely on the government, they can control us. Oh you want a tax decrease, WELL THERE WENT YOUR OBAMA PHONE &$#$^?!

7. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

A friend of mine got in a fight purely out of self defense and hit the kid once and then we pulled them off of each other and my friend got 5 days of OSS and absolutely nothing happened to the kid who hit him first.

8. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

That is BS. This reminds me of how gun owners are criminalized when someone breaks into their house.. The laws are in favor of the criminals.

9. Axxe55

i fear they are trying to raise a generation that will have more reliance upon the government than themselves. IOW's, let someone else take care of your problems rather than act like an adult and take care of yourself.

i experianced this not too many years ago when my stepdaughter was in school. we had some discussions about it several times. i counseled on the fact that if someone else put their handson you either in anger or uninvited, that as fgar as i was concerned, she had my permission to defend herself and that i would be the one defending her against the teachers and the school. and i did a couple of times. funny how mentioning an attorney will change some people's attitudes!

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

If I didn't fight back when I was a kid I had problems when I got home. I was always taught not to initiate the fight but finish it if it comes to you. I wasn't a big kid height wise growing up but I got into weightlifting early. Some kids thought that they could pick on me due to me being a bit shorter. Severalf found out different. Didn't hurt either that my best friend in HS went about 6'4" 270lbs and has country boy hands that hit like sledgehammers.

11. nosaj

nosaj New Member

IMHO i dont care what the "new" rules are. My kids know they have my support and permission to protect themselves. I tell them if you are going to do it, a hard straight punch or 2 or 3 to the nose will make anyone think twice about causing problems
    Never start a fight but if they have been hit or in a situation that there is def no way out of....dont back down

12. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Your right Axxe, 100%

13. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I think its funny my 12yo daughter beats all the boys at bloody knuckles in school.....she hurt my hands a couple times too .

14. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

What do you mean BS? I watched it happen and I have no reason to lie to anyone.

15. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

No No No you misread that wrong :) I meant the punishment. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

16. Axxe55

not you! the situation was BS. the student who started it didn't get in trouble but one who defended themselves did is what he meant.

17. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

The punishment? He had OSS for 5 days

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

As a father of 4 kids ages 21, 17, 4, and 2... I can say that with the older kids this school policy was rejected in my home. They were taught to fight, taught to stand up for weaker kids, and taught that "if"'fighting was necessary, it was there duty to leave no doubt in the other kids mind about coming back for seconds. ;)

^^THIS^^ was reinforced with a statement to there principles face, in my kids presence, that my child enjoyed the god given right of self preservation and would not hesitate to defend themselves, or others, regardless of school policy.

Tack

19. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Went through grade school in the early 70s. It was always the kid who threw the second punch who got caught. The first punch was never seen and "he hit me first" never worked with the nuns.

Mom always taught us that "you better not start it but you damn well better finish it"

A friend of mine get a call at work after his daughter cold cocks akid who had been picking on her for monthes

Mr. x your daughter told us that you told her to retalliate when hit. is this true?

X Yes it is. And I will tell her the same thing when she gets home tonight.

Well we have to suspend her for fighting.

Those are your rules I will take her out for ice cream tonight. Those are my rules.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My brother was not very tough when he was little. The neighbor kid used to punch him on occasion. My Mom said he better punch him back next time or my brother would be in trouble if he came home crying without hitting back.