struck out this week..turned to gunbroker..ouch!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by apwvsd40ve, Apr 13, 2013.

1. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

So spent a lot of time this week searching for .40 ammo...with no luck...found some that was well over-priced but did not purchase..went to Walmart at the right time on friday..no luck.

now I have spent much of the last 24 hours combing Gunbroker which quite Frankly is as overpriced as many of the lgs....does anyone have any tips or tricks for gunbroker?....I am not having much luck in the reasonably priced category this week!

Ex. One box of PPU JHP ($22 all day last week)....one local lgs I visited wanted 37 dollars for same box...tried to sell it up as a 50 rd.box but I simply said it was far too high...won't be going back to that place again!

2. jebsca

jebsca New Member

I think gunbroker is a good place to get your stuff. With that said, it is going to be hard to get a good deal right now, with so many people willing to pay the prices that they are paying on GB. It is going to take due dilligents to find a good deal, be it on ammo or reloading supplies or guns. As long as you are at the computer, look around at other websights, and maybe you will find a deal. Good luck.

3. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I know..tried really hard this week to find ammo..found it but prices are at an extreme premium right now...and the ones that are not are out Of stock when I log on..just frustrating....GB has been really high too...i dont know why people are paying these prices..they are hurting all of us Bc prices are not going to come down until they do.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As well as Gunbroker, try Gun Auction (formerly Auction Arms) One seller I have bought from has 1000 roads of the aluminum cased Blazer 40 S&W for about $400 right now- free shipping.

But that IS an auction- price can be bid up

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  6. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

No 9mm, .40, or .45 by us but I did find .223 today at Wally World.

7. px4storm

px4storm New Member

Cabellas had some 9 MM in stock. Not the cheapest I've bought before but ok on the price. It was going like hot cakes

8. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

That is a nightly check haha..but thank you very much!

9. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I have done this also...I have to admit that I received a notification and did not act Bc of the high shipping charges..won't make that mistake again!

10. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I shoot 40...but I have to tell you that Cabelas has gone the way of CTD (imo) with there prices (not exactly as high..but they are up almost 50% over where they were just a couple months ago.) Thanks for the info. Though!

11. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Thanks for this...I woll check it tonight!

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah shipping charges suck!
    But Midway charged me $15 to ship two boxes--
    I paid $18 to ship two boxes so its fair in todays real world-

13. SteveK

SteveK New Member

Try Natchez.com they may be able to help you

14. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

Just a reminder : The ammo shortage is the fault of the gun controllies . It isn't the fault of market forces or wars or hoarders or anything else . If you have a friend who supports background checks and grouses about being unable to find ammo, tell him he brought it on himself and to thank a Democrat .

www.ruger.com to email pols far and wide.

15. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Thanks AR....I have used that one as well. I have been fortunate enough to find an LGS that is carrying a good supply of FMJ.

16. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

This is why I finally got into reloading. With prices sky high and as much ammo as I go through just shooting on my days off it pays for itself almost immediately.

17. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Working towards this now myself..reading up on it..lots of research too do!

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

SO glad to hear you're taking the time to READ first---;)