Stripped Lower question

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by SeanCucf, Aug 27, 2010.

1. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

Ok, so I'm about to dive into the EBR assembler fraternity.:D What a better way to start than to ask a dumb question. With all the laws/regulations and rediculous red tape technicalities, I want to check in here.

I'm looking at getting one of Spikes stripped lowers thats all over the place for $90. Only catch is, they're marked safe/semi/auto. Is this a problem for someone just looking to build a semi-auto? I assume all the parts work just as well, but I wasn't sure if JohnnyLaw would have a problem with a rifle with "auto" markings for average citizen-me.?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

:confused:

You have any pictures? Because there is a HUGE difference in the configuration between a "semi auto" lower and an "M4/Full Auto" lower.

Anyone who knows the difference, especially a LEO who should have category 2 in the squad car, should be able to crack your AR open and IMMEDIATELY know the difference.

JD

3. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No internal pictures, but the outside isn't drilled for the auto sear, so it's just a semi-auto version from all indications.

I would say you are probably 100% okay.

JD

5. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

From all information(or lack thereof), it looks like it's just for show. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks Dillinger.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're good bro. No one is selling an M4 lower for that price. But, if they are, let me know will you. :p