Striker fired sig for 2014

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by jjones45, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I hear sig is coming out with a striker fired handgun for the new year. I don't think this is necessary as sigs are great the way they are and always have been but at the same time everyone else has striker fired handguns so why not sig. Maybe hk will come out with one as well. If priced right and done right this might be a good idea but I don't really know what to think about this, if it's even true or not. How do you sig fans feel about this?

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The Ruskies were saying the same thing about a striker fire AK. Yet, CZ made the striker fire, short piston action v58. It shoots 200 rounds more a minute. A+ quality

CZ v58=800 rounds a minute
    AK 12=600 rounds a minute

In relation, I think I will put my money on a revolutionary, high quality striker fire handgun from Sig.

3. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah with sig waiting so long to put out a striker fired handgun they have had plenty to learn from and I would expect it to have the best from all other strikers. Mainly though it would have to have a phenomenal trigger and ergonomics or it would be just another good striker gun

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

IMHO, the biggest appeal of Sig Sauer is that they haven't succumbed to the "me too" striker pistol disorder that's spreading throughout the industry. Their hammer fired designs are excellent, why water down the brand with a striker design?

BTW, the H&K striker pistol has been done...it was called the P7. Kind of cool, but not spectacular

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  5. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah I would love to have the p7m8 but I was talking about a more modern striker design. That hk is definitely unique and maybe ahead of its time. I'm gonna get a ppq real soon as I have come to believe that is the best striker gun for me. I guess that strikers make up a large amount of sales and sig wants a piece of the pie. I think they will do well if it happens. I'm curious to see one

6. Overkill0084

Why the big push to get a striker gun? They aren't really THAT special. I have an XD40SC, good little shooter and carry gun. But it's an appliance. I liked it better than the competing Glocks, but that's not really setting the bar really high. Hindsight being a lovely thing, I think a compact CZ would have been a better choice, at least much more enjoyable.
    YMMV.
    Hammers rock ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  7. sleeper

sleeper New Member

I agree with overkill. I handled and shot a lot of pistols in the 300-600 dollar range before I settled on my P250. Strikers are nice, easy to shoot accurately with minimal practice and reliable. Striker fired weapons just seemed too "artificial" for my taste. DAO and SA/DA triggers in hammer fired guns take a little more practice, but I feel more "connected" to the gun. Cars with automatic transmissions work great, but for true driving experience get a manual. This is how I feel about my guns and why I love my Sig.

8. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah I understand u guys on hammer vs striker preference. Just the last couple of years I've been shooting more accurately with striker guns, except for a 5" 1911. I love sa/da triggers as well but the target doesn't lie and I shoot better with the striker guns at the moment.

9. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I like traditional DA/SA or SA. The only striker I've owned are Glocks and they good guns. It was said before in the post, if Sig makes it right I'll try it.

10. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

Some of you may poo-poo striker fired guns, but the fact of the matter is they're here to stay. If Sig wants to cash in on this market they'll come out with their version of it and if done well, it'll sell in large numbers.

11. Overkill0084

It's not that we are "poo-pooing" striker fired guns. No, it's the whole mindset set of "I must have one." Let's face it, if you've gotten by for 40 years without one, there is probably no compelling need to drop everything and go get one.

12. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

The design of this pistols is what interest me. Sigs are known to have a high bore axis and striker guns are known to have a lower bore axis. So if sig stays with its traditional design it would have a high bore axis but if not it should be lower. I just wanna see one. Not saying I'm gonna get one but I'm very curious to see one.

13. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

The name that's out is the p320. No pics yet as of right now. I hope it doesn't look like a p250 minus the hammer. Although it probably will as it's suppose to have the same features of that pistol.

14. sleeper

sleeper New Member

15. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I hope the trigger is better than the 250's. I played with a 250 at a LGS and wasn't impressed. I like the traditional Sigs:220, 226, and 229. But I'm open minded and will give it a try to see if they improve the trigger.

16. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

17. sleeper

sleeper New Member

P320 model information on Sig's website. 9mm, 40S&W, and 357 sig. 45acp to come later. Trigger is rated 5.5-7.5 lbs striker and like the 250 is contained in a "fire control group" look almost identical to p250 but they added front slide serrations. I'm definitely interested.

18. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

They contoured the slide to get more narrow towards the muzzle just like the cz duty guns.

19. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1389753938.979638.jpg

Very p07/09 duty-ish. However with a good trigger and short reset I may be interested. Glock and cz duty have a love child

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014