Strength In Numbers

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by PanBaccha, Sep 1, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

A good point is made by this video. Numbers do count. Prepping alone will not answer all contingencies. Numbers. And more numbers. That's preparation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=BLSmP-WGv-U&feature=youtube[/ame]

2. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

Agreed..I have stated before that the community survives not the loner.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Numbers can also work against you.

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well that settles it... My new bug out location is China.

5. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

Are you Chinese and have a lot of friends and family in China? If it ever get's so bad in the world where we have to band together in regional groups for survival your best bet will be to find a group locally and make yourself as useful as possible. In this type of scenario the US will likely be better off than most of the rest of the planet...and unless you can blend in, make friends and adapt to another culture completely, you'd best stick to what is close by and what you know.

6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Why? They'll all be coming here.

China will have to collect on our debt sometime.

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

LOL! That's a funny but shameful possibility. Although they wouldn't last long against fed-up Americans, hungry, homeless, unemployed, angry, and willing to die for whatever last vestige of dignity and patriotism they have left. ;)

8. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

I watched this guy and have been thinking on what he's saying. I think he's letting his intentions be known. Sounds to me like he plans to clean up after the gangs and prey on what he feels are weak isolated people. Kinda like a scavenger. There's allot of truth in what he said but behind that I felt like he telling those that have prepared that he's all about taking your stuff away from you, much like we see today with those that work and those that don't.

9. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Agreed you have to have a group or tight knit community. Last man standing doesnt work

10. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The only problem I see with a group is the "power" thing. Once the SHTF and you have one leader, someone else will want the power!!!! Even if it is a tight knit group, there will be a bad decision which will get people thinking. You have to remember that we are human with minds that are always thinking!!

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Lots of potential scenarios might drive how you operate and what you do. Looking back at Selco and what he and his family went through, he did what he needed to do to stay alive. He didn't have a big group of neighbors working together, with strengths and weaknesses known ahead of time. He observed, adapted, and stayed alive.

Have plans and contingency plans. Know how to live where you are, be prepared to leave it all if you have to.

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

bkt, who is Selco?

13. bkt

bkt New Member

Selco is the name a guy uses (he doesn't want to use his real name because there's still friction between factions where he lives) who described how he and his family survived in an urban environment during a real-life SHTF situation. He is deliberately unclear where this took place...could have been Bosnia or the old Yugoslavia or somewhere in the Balkans.

One day, his city was fine - normal Western city - operating like it should. There were serious religious/political problems in his country, but the army was protecting the city. The next day, factions changed sides, and the guns once pointed toward the enemy were now pointed inward toward the city.

Water, electricity, fuel, food, supplies of all kinds were cut off. Money became worthless in a matter of weeks or days.

I'm not sure if he still has an official link describing his ordeal anymore or not. At one time, he was on a forum describing specific situations, people would ask questions and he would clarify and provide more information. Google around - you can probably find it. Here is one link that might get you closer to his story.

Firearms, ammo, water purification and hygiene were among the top concerns. It's funny, but many don't really consider having a good stash of paper plates and a means to dispose of waste as a big survival issue, but it sure was for him and his family.

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Just finished putting down a book on that war-torn area. And I had also seen a movie done by Angelina Jolie as director on same subject matter. I think this might be Bosnia and Herzegovina where Selco had his shtf experience.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The best organized group are the Mormons. They have been prepping for a very long time and are highly organized.