Strelok users reticule question.

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Solon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Solon

Solon New Member

I'm new to serious use of optics and have been playing around with the Stelok Ballistic Calc app for Android. I have a Bushnell Multi-X reticule on a 3x9 var, which is a basic duplex style without mildots or other markings. Strelok has at least a hundred different reticules to chose from but apparently no plain vanilla duplex.Can someone tell me why? What reticule should I chose instead?:confused:

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Choose just about any cross hair type.

3. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

When you're talking about a reticle with too many options, the more difficult the shot becomes. If you don't understand and you're not 100% what each mil or dot is for, it can become confusing when it's time to pull the trigger. If you're new to it and your not making 4-7 meter shots, I'd say the simpler the better

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

This is because a standard cross hair reticle has no accurate way of ranging or measurement. Even with a plain mil dot reticle, you can always accurately range targets.

Some think my reticle is "too busy" but bit works for me. I use SHOOTER for android as my dope program

[​IMG]

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

IMHO, that is a truly superb reticule. Those who are serious about shooting will take the time and effort to learn how to get all of the benefits.