Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range about a month ago I found this then last week I found another one can anyone tell me what it is?

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
This? As in picture!?

·
Supporting Member
2,138 Posts
Its a Smurf bullet!!:)

·
Supporting Member
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
lizardfire11 said:
I was at the range about a month ago I found this then last week I found another one can anyone tell me what it is?
Maybe this will actually help.....

Herter's Select-Grade TNJ Handgun Ammunition
By replacing costly brass cases and copper jackets with aluminum and nylon, USA-made Herter’s aluminum-case handgun ammunition keeps cost down while preserving clean-shooting reliability and accuracy. Sized to incredibly precise tolerances, the nonreloadable, aircraft-grade aluminum cases cycle smoothly. Premium-quality, round-nose lead bullets are coated with a Total Nylon Jacket (TNJ) to replace expensive copper jackets. TNJ bullets are inherently accurate, and cycle fluidly through semiautomatics. As an added benefit, TNJ bullets eliminate hard-to-remove copper and lead fouling. Made in USA.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
What's Old is New Again to Some

Those are slippery vest-piercing "cop-killer" bullets that don't get rifling marks to be traced. Guess no-one here is familiar with Federal's Nyclad rounds (that actually just didn't sell very well)...

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
Interesting! I had not heard of the Smurf bullets, probably about anatomically correct for a three-apple-tall critter. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts