Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
i had a marlin 795 basic and it would stove pipe about once per clip. i have used a wide array of high power .22 LR rounds and it didn't solve the problem. at first i found it comical because i hadn't ever laid eyes on a jam like the stove pipe and i eventually sold it out of frustration and got tired of scratching my head at the parts in my hand trying to figure out the problem. might be a part not sitting right. in mine i got as close as finding the general area of the cause and it was the recoil spring guide. you should check that area for anything out of place.

· Registered
116 Posts
check to make sure the recoil spring guide is not bent in any way. it is a small pin about 3 inches long. if you have 700 rounds into that .22 check it and if its bent try to replace it. mine was slightly bent and i replaced it from E-gunparts.com it helped alot but didnt fully cure the problem. its a start to check that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.