Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys will be interested in this story. This is what happened each of the 3 times me, my father, and his girlfriend got robbed.

In January 07:

It was a cold rainy day (haha, i know) in january and before we leave for work (all 3 of us were working at my fathers pawn shop) my dad notices a black crown vic a few houses down. My dad is really paranoid, he knows every car in my small neighborhood and when 1 doesnt belong he notices. So he doesnt think much of it, we all get in the car and roll out. A few miles down the road he notices the crown vic following us. They stay pretty far back so he cant really see who's inside. He drops us off at the store and rides around the city for a wihle to see if they are following him, which they are. He comes back to the store and later that afternoon I see him get out some binoculars to see if they are parked anywhere which they were.

So he comes back into the store and says, since its a crown vic, "I think the cops are following us". So we put in out 10 hours and head home. The crown vic follows us for most of the way, but when we start getting close to the neighborhood we notice they arent there. Now, usually when we get home I let out my HUGE BEAST of a dog that is my 110 pound German shepherd. But, since it was raining i didnt let him out yet.

Thats when I go about 20 feet from the front door and start putting pellets in my pellet stove, back facing the door and i hear POP! POP! POP! 3 rounds go off and I turn around and see 1 giant black guy, no mask, just a bullet proof vest and jean shorts on who says "Get the **** down" and I wasnt arguing. My dad and his gf run in from the kitchen and he gets them both on the ground. Now at this point I'm still thinking they are cops, so when my dog comes down the steps i hear my dad say "Man, dont shoot my dog man" then another POP! My dog didnt make a sound, he just drug his leg to the spot by the door he allways sits in.

Now theres 1 more skinny white guy in my house with pantyhose on his head and a chicago bulls hat. Thats when i realize whats going on at the same time he ask's "where the ****s the money". At first (and this happens in all 3 robberies) we all deny having money. Even knowing how much cash we have in the hosue it was just natural to deny it. The black guy flips my dad over and points the pistol in his face and says "Ill shoot you, where the money?" And my dad points to the living room coffee table that folds open its where 85k in cash happened to be (pawn shops are a cash business). Then they grabbed that, and on the way out the white guy said "If theres anymore in the car you didnt tell me about im gunna come back and kill you! "

So they take the whole car, drive it around the corner and rip out the stereo and ditch it. We didnt know what to do my dads gf was shaking uncontrollably and my dog was bleeding perfusly and looked like he was falling asleap. We put him in the back of my jeep grand cherokee and took him to the vet while we called the cops. By the time we got home, there was no less then 15 cops at my house knocking on all my neighbors door asking if they have heard of seen anything.

The second time in march of 07 happened at 11PM.

Me and my father (no girlfriend this time they got in a fight and he kicked he our) are comming home on another rainy night. This time as you can immagine me and my father are PARANIOD as all hell. We see a car parked around the corner that (unlike all the other cars) doesnt have any rain beeds on it and its not dry underneath. We pull up infront of my house and i notice my dad doesnt get out at first, hes looking in the side view mirror for about 45 second. He says he was "Looking at that car back there" then gets out.

Now, im in the back seat of the car getting some clothes and stuff when i hear my dad yell "RUN SEAN! RUN THAT WAY" and i see him through the front windsheild running. I get out of the car as fast as i can and by the time i look up there 2 black guys running down the middle of the street with 2 shotguns like it was nothing. I didnt even have time to react before they were right in my face with the guns going through my pockets. At first they just ask "Wheres it at" and again, knowing i have 1k in my pocket because it was payday, i deny having any money.

Then they say "Get the **** down" So i get on my knees facing away from them and they push me onto my stomich and put the shotgun into my back and say "Wheres the money? Do you want to keep your back? Wheres the money" they kept asking me "Do you want to keep your back?" They had to say it at least 5 or 6 times. They go through my pants and find my walled with my pay in it and say "When what the **** is this" while one goes through dads car the other keeps asking "Wheres the rest?? Do you wanna keep your ****ing back? Whers the real money" and i dont know where i got the nuts but i said "Do you really think we keep that kind of money in the hosue since you ROBBED US LAST TIME?! ". Then i dont know what happened, or if something scared them off, but both of them just took off running at the same time. They were in and out in under 2 minutes they were like ghost.

The way they came jogging down the street with the shotguns was insane. They had them at the start of their ribs and were slouched over they looked like soldiers. On a well lit street they just come running with guns out pointed. But even so, if i had a pistol i could of hit them both taking cover behind the car. This is when we started living in a hotel while we decided what to do. I went 4 months without sleeping in my own bed. Without eating a home cooked meal. 4 months of hotel hallways, naughty neighbors, carry out and delivery, and sleeping in the same double bed room as my dad who wakes up 5am every morn. Until we moved out of the city into another city in the same state

Which is when the last one happened in november 08. My dad went to visit the store (which is being run by his brother since we had to move). He was leaving for work at 8am! 8 in the morning!!! And a car comes flying up, door open while the car was still moving and a black guy jumps out and chases my dad to the doorstep. They start to tussle and my dad gets thrown in the lawn, pistol whipped in the head, and is tussling with a much bigger much stronger black guy. My dad is 62 years old, what kind of peice of **** pistol whips a 62 year old? They go threw his car and get under 500$ cash and a few gift cards and speed off.

Heres the wanted poster from the last one.

Just thought Ide share with you guys maybe it will help you up the security. You never know when or why its comming so you have to act like it is everyday. I remember every single time like it was 20 minutes ago. Which is why i found this website because now that im of age to but a rifle or shotgun im going to pick one out and start studying and learning all i can.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
That is horrible man! I would be looking for another line of work, but i understand about family businesses. The guys on this forum seem experienced & intelligent, i hope they have some suggestions for you. Personally, i'd look into a foundation safe at the store & a gated yard. I wonder what the rules are on having bear mace in your car?

·
Banned
6,261 Posts
Sorry to hear about the home invasions. I hope you have beefed up the security and now have a safe,etc..

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
85k in a coffee table? money belongs in the bank or at least in a safe. Truly strange they stole 85k and still stole the stero out of the car! With out question that first robbery was what prompted the others. I own a business and always no matter how late make the deposit at the bank via the drop box so there is little money in my home.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome Sean, sorry that bad things happen to good people, I hope that your father or you don't have to live something like that again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is horrible man! I would be looking for another line of work, but i understand about family businesses. The guys on this forum seem experienced & intelligent, i hope they have some suggestions for you. Personally, i'd look into a foundation safe at the store & a gated yard. I wonder what the rules are on having bear mace in your car?

The really bad thing is, we had over 10k worth of security upgrades put into my house. Including 9 high quality security cameras, a keypad alarm, 3 "10,000 pound" doors, and high intensity disparage lights (street light grade) all around the outside of our house after the first robbery, immagine our electricity bill. The second one, before we moved out of our house, happened the day after the driveway light had burned out. Ruining all of the security camera footage. $10,000 worth of security wasted from a $30 bulb.

Did I mention all of the robberies are still unsolved?

By the way, this happened in Baltimore Crime

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME to the FTF Seanml89, one word dude;

MOVE

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We did move, to some sleepy beach town. Now me and my girlfriend are moving back together and im gunna run the (very very profitable) family business. Im Moving into a gated community tho, and buying a weapon. Mybe 2 security cameras running and recording constantly and plying on 2 monitors one in the living room and one in the bedroom

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Baltimore

Read the Baltimore Crime thread-Man those criminals are fully NUTS! We have our share of crime here in the Indy. area-but not that bad! Oh, did I mention, I think our state+local gun laws are not as anti-gun, as Baltimore is:p:D As Professor Cane said MOVE!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry i am a bit late,
Brother, those dudes were watching you way early on. They have been in your business, knew you had money, then follwed you home and waited.
I say this since you plan on opening your business somewhere else. That is how it will start there, too.
I hope that you have relocated and all is well. Sorry for those things that happened.
If you should need anything regarding these matters my # is 850 292 3694

For the record, i dont like people that shoot dogs.

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts