Store etiquette ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Zombiegirl, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

We were at Walmart today and were looking for the shortest line. As we turned in towards one of the lines a girl (age 12ish) got there at the same time in front of us and was looking at the length of the line. She then motioned to her Mom to come over. I politely said "I'm sorry but we're already here". When she went back to her Mom the mother was saying loudly that I was mean and then complained for a while. If we get there at the same time and I have my cart there already, was I wrong to expect to check out next???? Or should I have waited for her Mom to come over from a few registers down and let them go first?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Not at all. The cart is what is needed to get in line not a 12 year old spotter. Consider where you were and the question answers itself :)

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What kind of entitled, impatient, lazy person sends her child to scout for the shortest line and expects the other customers to wait while she waddles over from across the store to secure her place in line?

4. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I'm glad to hear that because she was really pi$$ed. I was waiting for her to come over and try to argue with me.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

If there's any doubt, I just let them in. It's not worth it

dealing with the social interaction for all those poor,

mistreated souls.

But store etiquette? What about the clowns in checkout at

the Christmas season, who go through about 8 maxed out

cards, before properly paying for their purchase? Why do all

of us have to be victimized by waiting behind 3 or 4 of

these schmucks in every line?

Stores should adopt a new procedure. If your card won't

run, go to the end of the line. Then you can show them

loser card #7, AND GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE AGAIN...

6. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

For some reason the picture in my head was the mom from here "comes honey booboo" being the lady in this scenario. I don't know if anyone here has been unfortunate to see that show. Lol.

I'd say you were right. Now if it was a little old lady it may be a different story but a friggin adult should know better. Hey, it's Walmart so what can you expect?

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Speaking of general store etiquette, my pet peeve are the people who don't know how to use the self checkout and stand there for 10 minutes....or people with 50 items going in the Express Line.

8. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Lmao! Couldn't be Little Honey Boo Boo. She wasn't white. If it was an elderly person I would definitely not have minded.

9. Marthor

Marthor New Member

If she got in line ahead of you and has established her place in line, then it's OK to wave her mom over. If she left the line to go get her mom, then she lost her place in line... I believe this would stand up anywhere as proper line etiquette.

One person can get in line and establish a place hold for their party.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That's like saving a seat for someone who could not get to an event on time or reserving a poolside chair with a towel. I hate that.

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

So the other day my wife & I are in the grocery store (not WalMart) in line behind an extreme couponer. So Ms. Coupon sees some canned item pop up at full price on the register display and starts griping and arguing with the gal scanning the merchandise. They argue for 5 - 10 minutes. Finally I speak up and ask Ms. Coupon how much money is involved, I will give it to her out of my pocket to get the line moving. Ms. Coupon looked at me as if I had tried to snatch her purse, then she saw my wife busting a gut laughing and turned sugar beet red in the face.

Finally they took the items out of her bags and deducted them off the tab, and Ms. Coupon stormed off in a huff.

Man that felt good. :D

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Etiquette?? Oh hell, it's Wal-Mart not some Rodeo Drive boutique. Polite doesn't always cut it.
    IMHO, tie goes to the one with actual items ready for checkout.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Nope. We're talking line ettiquite and it's not like those other things.

14. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

It would seem the child practices a flawed set of manners taught by parents. You were right. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you use the words etiquette and WalMart in the same sentence, the sun will explode, destroying all known life in the universe.

Or the Cubs may win a game. Both equally unlikely.

16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

That is like all a A-Holes that will send their kid to go stand in a parking space. One time I was waiting for a car to back out so I could have their spot. Before I could pull in some stupid kid ran in front of me and blocked me from parking. Some people simply have no class at all.

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Walmart! This is the home of fat people in stretch pants riding electric carts. These Magabutts ride around eating chips and Dr. Pepper. They seemed to have found their place in life. :eek:

18. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I probably would have pulled in anyways.

19. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

That made me laugh...

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I usually avoid the Walmart Supercenters and go to Walmart Neighborhood stores, cleaner to a certain degree.

You do not have Shamu the tanker in a moo moo dress bending over for full view. :eek: