Store Clerk Defends Himself... No shots Fired

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JW357, Sep 5, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

This is pretty neat. I saw it on Fox News tonight. They said the convenience store clerk retired from the military after 30 years.

[ame]http://youtu.be/BMUaVNqHKfA[/ame]

If I ever have to pull my gun in self-defense, I hope it goes as smoothly as this.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That is more restraint than I could have mustered.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

I think that's true of a lot of people.

Also, I believe a lot of people would have frozen up the second they saw him pull his gun.

4. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Not sure but seems like i read somewhere the clerk said he didn't see the bg's gun till after when he watched the video, said if he had the bg wouldn't have walked out

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Clean up aisle 4

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Could be, but it looks like in the video that he pushes the guy's gun away. Maybe it was just a reflex.

7. jyo

jyo New Member

The store clerk showed a lot of restraint under the circumstances---I am not sure I would have shown that much restraint...

8. cotex

cotex New Member

Only thing the gun does not go off?

9. CJx

CJx New Member

This is crazy awesome

I hope I can put this here, like something out of a movie [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48L4vGKpH2Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48L4vGKpH2Q[/ame]

Gun rights forever, and good on the man for restraint.

10. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

Hahaha!! That is awesome!! I don't blame the guy for just turning around and walking away!! A face full of steel will do that!! It's amazing with all of the firearms carriers these days, people still try to pull that crap. Well, except for those "gun-free" zones. Then it's open season for them to do what they want. Thank god nothing crazy happened in that situation. Cooler heads always prevail.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think this would be better suited being in the Club House.

has nothing to do with handgun discussion.

12. CJx

CJx New Member

We can discuss how badass of an example of defense with a handgun this is :D

Nah i had a feeling about it, mods please move if need be.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  13. trip286

trip286 New Member

The story I read said that the reason the clerk didn't fire is because the gun was never actually pointed at him.

14. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

that clerk has one hell of a cool head and balls off steel. I hope im never in a defensive situation like this, but if I ever am I vote it goes something like that.

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Yes he showed more restraint than I think I would. I can't imagine a jury that would not have called that justified if he had shot. I would not have waited until the gun was actually pointing at me.

16. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

The clerk was a BOSS in that situation. Although, the perp seemed very reluctant to present his weapon and was very easily convinced not to. He let the clerk reach out and touch his gun hand with no protest. Strange.

17. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen!!!!:mad:
    A good way to die. I tell people hesitation can get you killed. This guy was VERY lucky.:(

18. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I just noticed the clerk was open carrying. What kind of idiot tries to rob someone who who obviously has the means to fight back. winner if it would have gone differently if he was cc and had to screw with getting his shirt out if the way to draw.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Oh, haven't you heard? OC is sure to get you killed.

20. 304inc

304inc New Member

My guess is the robber maybe just hit rock bottom and really intended no harm, just needed cash. Now by all means that doesn't justify or make it right, and if he would have ended up with one to the face,, it would've been his own damn fault.