Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by glock2740, Apr 5, 2010.
This may not be the right forum, but how do you stop the e-mails that show replies? Thanks.
You need to go into your profile interface and uncheck the box that says you would like to be e-mailed when a thread is updated. I think it is about halfway down the list.
You can also subscribe/unsubscribe automatically to threads if you don't want email reminders.
What I do most times, is after I'm done visiting, I unsubscribe from threads I don't particularly care about and don't want to be notified about. That way, I'm kept up to date on stuff I'm interested in and not bothered by the miscellaneous stuff.
Thanks. I'll try it out.
I'll admit to not being the brightest bulb in the fixture, but I can't find any boxes to un-check in my profile. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT.......I think I found it. False Alarm here.........
If you guys have any more issues you can always pm me or any of the mods.
Tonight after the kids go to bed and the wife is gone to work I will do short tutorial on how to do it so we can post it up.
I found out that being a blabber mouth sucks in this aspect. I had to go through and delete 6k+ entries then set the setting to 1 daily or never it makes life much easier. I was getting a reply every time someone responded to a thread I posted in. I would get 500 to 600 emails a day I was burning up not's bandwidth.
I just changed it too. It'll be nice not having to delete a bunch of messages.
I changed it in 'options' but am still getting an email notification of answers to posts. Is there more than one place to change it?
To stop all incoming reply emails you need to do the following.
1. Go to your User CP.
2. You will see your top 10 subscribed threads.
3. Look at the bottom right hand corner and click the link that says VIEW ALL SUBSCRIBED THREADS.
4. Now you will see a slightly bigger list with check boxes on the left side. Click on the first one to select all messages.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see a drop down menu. Click the down arrow and select Delete messages.
6. To delete click on the GO button.
7. Keep doing this till you have no more. It can take a while if like me you talk a lot.
8. Now we need to change your email notifications. Look on the left hand side of the screen and find the EDIT OPTIONS Link.
9. Click the down arrow in this box to pull up the options you have.
10. Pick the option that you want and then go back to posting.