Stopped a chook thief

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by hairbear1, Oct 8, 2012.

1. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

Went out last Friday night with the son to his mate's parents place to try and get a fox that was now knocking a couple of their chooks off plus a bit of kangaroo thinning that were giving the next door neighbour's grapes a bit of a touch up. Well we saw 1 kangaroo and about 6 foxes but only got 2 including the chook thief,a vixen that has pups somewhere and a dog both falling to the son's Stevens .223 with the 55gn V-Max's. Once again the son and his mate wasted about 20 minutes chasing rabbits in the spotlight on foot,rabbits were the winners on the night :D

Attached Files:

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

3. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

Aussie slang for a chicken.

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I was confused about that too, oh you Aussies. Looks like am eventful night.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Obviously, you folks have never eaten in an Outback Steakhouse, They have Chook all over the menu! Tiz a funny word though!

6. vincent

vincent New Member

I like the way you talk...mmm hmmm...:D

Attached Files:

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

ah, got it

they do? i've eaten there quite a bit and don't recall coming across the word chook :confused: Drover's Platter was my favorite ... Chicken and Ribs ... nothing mentioned about chook :eek:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Are there skunks in Aussie land? Cause i must tell you; their eyes look a lot like rabbit eyes in a spotlight.

9. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

No mate there's no skunks here. The only thing that stinks worse than a skunk over here are our politicians,regards

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I congratulate you on your good fortune!

The last time i spotlight hunted, i shot a skunk about 4 feet away with a 20 guage shotgun. It was very unpleasant.

11. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Hi Hair,

Why the 3 year gap from 08 - 11 Must of beed some party M8 :D:D:D

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

another kudos on the no skunks ... got a litter of those bastards that like to hang out in my basement window wells! :( Last fall one of those little f*****s got stuck in one of the wells ... smelled for weeks until some scavenger came along and took his corpse :mad:

13. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

Spent a bit of time looking around and it's always a blast here in Australia in any case :D

We Aussies have a lot to thank the POMS for especially sending us "convicts" out here to populate the new island prison a couple of 100 years ago. We struck paydirt with hunting,fishing and 4wding. :D

14. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

YES! My other personality has been vindicated! take that Dog2000TJ ... you azzhat! :p

wait ... who said that? :mad:

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Drop a mothball into the area once in awhile. Many animals can't stand the smell of mothballs.

Those poor moths must have been HUGE.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Epididimitis, a buddy had it and had to get his girl to take him to the hospital with balls the size of large oranges. Only justification i've heard of for the saggy pants.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

they got worse than skunk in aussie land they got drop bears. ill take skunk over drop bear any day

19. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Spent 6 months in Auz everything flies hops jumps and stings

20. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

does that go for the women as well? :confused: ..... I am sooooo booking a trip there! :D