Stomach flu remedy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by TankTop, Apr 14, 2016.

1. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

So my wife is into pretty much everything homeopathic, essential oils included. Well the last couple days I've had a nasty stomach flu and when I get a flu I go down hard, black out the windows and tell anybody who so much as whispers they may die! My loving wife forced me to put a couple drops in some water and it would help, I figured I can't even keep water down so why not. It didn't make me better but it stopped the nausea and I was able to keep down Tylenol to control my fever. This particular essential oil is Digize and can be found under several different brands. I don't normally get behind the weird stuff but for nausea this stuff really works.

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for that bit of knowledge ,I'll tryit onmy wife ! She's got a very sensitive stomach .....thanks ! :)

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't turn my back on Western medicine and I do take meds that keep me healthier than if I didn't take those meds.

That being said, I also firmly believe in natural remedies and will try some of those first before I go to pharmaceuticals. I like to talk to people from other cultures and learn what they do. I've gotten some great ideas that seem to work.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Also try apple cider vinegar: make SURE it is raw, unfiltered (which contains the mother), and organic.

Kinda like the bedroom antics of that member that just stopped back in here....

5. Austin

Austin Administrator Staff Member

Ginger works great with nausea. I sometimes have problems with it in the mornings and a ginger candy clears it up after just a few minutes. It's pretty great.

6. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

Some of those remedies work & they're safer than drugs.

Just a FYI, there is no such thing as "stomach flu." Actual flu is a respiratory illness that usually involves high fever & lasts at least 2 - 4 weeks. What you have is likely food poisoning - especially if it only lasts a few days.

7. TankTop

I don't know what it was but my ribs hurt from throwing up so much. I will say the Digize was a full 50% improvement, and when you can't even hold down water that's a lot.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Morning sickness?:D

9. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

Stomach flue remedy

snerk snerk snerk :)

10. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Just don't take ELAX and Sleeping pills at the same time!

11. hmh

hmh New Member

Tama flu works wonders

12. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I wish I knew more about how people in our culture used to treat different illnesses? We've lost a lot of knowledge in the last 100 years regarding natural remedies. :(

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

There are gastro intretinal viruses. Not all nausea, diarrhea and vomiting is food poisoning.

14. TankTop

So long as it doesn't last more than 48 hours I don't think it matters what you call it. That said, if what I had lasted anywhere near 48 hours I would have called out the National Guard.

15. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

HAHA.

A Manager of a drug store walks in to find a guy leaning against a wall.
    He asks the clerk: "What's with that guy over there?"
    The clerk explained, "Well, he came in this morning to get something for his cough. We're out of cough syrup so I gave him a bottle of laxative & suggested he drink the whole thing."
    "You idiot!" yells the Manager. "You can't treat a cough with laxatives!"
    "Of course you can," says the clerk. "Look at him; he's afraid to cough."

16. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter