Stole from me again!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by woody63m, Sep 9, 2012.

1. woody63m

woody63m New Member

My truck was broken into again thats twice within 6 months im so damn pissed!!! Waiting for the cops to get here oh well at least they stole enough **** so i can collect insurance to replace everything what pjsses me off the most is they shoved a crowbar into my tool box and pryed it up so now my $600 tool box is jacked up and they got 4 XD mags for my 45 damn im pissed!!!!!!

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Sorry to hear this Woody !

3. tri70

tri70 New Member

Are you at a place with any video cameras around to view?

4. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Wow that blows - nothing worse than having your stuff taken!

5. woody63m

woody63m New Member

No it happened in my friggin driveway man

6. cj84

cj84 New Member

I hate a sorry *** thief

7. cj84

cj84 New Member

I have a Lil yapping dog and my bedroom windows right by my driveway they probably would have got a mag or two of my 45 aswell

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

^^ I quite agree. You need a dog with sensitive ears. I've got three dogs. Each saved from the kill shelter. Now my best friends. And my home alarm system.
    No one, not even the mailman, can come onto driveway without each dog barking their lungs out. Get yourself one. ;)

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Did they get any firearms?

10. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Man that is lame, nothing worse than a rotten, too lazy a$$ to get a job, thief.

11. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

The bright side

At least they didn't get your 45. God forbid, a heirloom 1911. Possessions can be replaced, thankfully, you are still with us and XD mags are reasonably priced and often on sale. (Midway USA or Brownel)

12. woody63m

woody63m New Member

No thank god just 4 mags and a holster

13. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Two times in six mo ths its time to get a damn car alarm early christmas present!!!!

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thieving bastages! Hate them! Get ready to get screwed all over again by the insurance company. Mine tried to screw me after a theft at my house about 3 years ago. Tried to compare a Browning BDA .380 to a Kel-Tec .380 and assign a value of $150. I had to go item by item and show why they were worth way more than some generic "similar" sounding item. HK bayonet is worth WAY more than $30!

15. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Put up a trail cam in a hidden spot if you can overlooking your drive way.
    Worth a try.

16. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Shoot the insurance companies are worse thieves than the actual perps, and they do it legally.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, there are affordable motion-activated, night-vision camera systems that would let you see/record your parking area. Of course, cameras don't bite thieves in the butt, so keep a K9 in mind too.

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I like the idea of the camera, but that doesn't solve the problem. If the guy has a hoodie on, all you have are pictures of a guy f*cking you over in a hoodie.

I have always suggested that people get a dog first, because of their pack instinct.

The UPS and FedEx guy won't even come to the door now that they know who is in charge at my house. They just put the package behind the potted plant about 25 feet from the door and put a sticky on the garage door if required.

In this case someone wrenching on your tool box with a crowbar is going to cause enough noise that dog is going to be going bananas and then you get the fun of opening the door and seeing what happens next. :)

Go with the dog if you can afford it brother. There are a ton of them at the pound that would probably love you forever.

JD

19. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Just remember that now they know you have firearms. A good repeat good safe is a necessity now days. (or a well placed claymore). jk

20. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Woody,

What you need is a Dakota MUR Alarm System. They are inexpensive they have a base receiver or a Walkie Talkie Receiver. You could set the sending unit in your truck or mount it on the house or a tree close to your truck. I also use them on the road when pulling my trailer and take the WT Receiver in my hotel room should someone come around my trailer during the night. Then I also use them in Texas to hunt to tell me when the coyotes and hogs are coming in. They will transmit for 2+ miles with no problem and they are not expensive. The Receiver batteries last for months so you can just leave it. And in your case you could just turn the Receiver on when you hit the sack at night. It would tell you when they came in the area or around the truck! They are fool proof!