Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Jakesparks54 said:
My friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.
They just manufacture them cheaper. I think it's like Mossy 500 and Maverick 88.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The action is a little bit different...the stoeger is a little bit slower a little bit heavier...I own a 3500 and I have shot a SBE2 quite a bit and I.don't see any reason to give an extra $1000 for the benelli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, after shooting the stoeger and a sbe I could barely tell the difference. When buying a benelli, you are paying extra for the name.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
dont kill me but i got to day this....
there are so many cheap guns out there that youll never really know the difference until you shoot a better one. once you do, youll understand quality.
as long as buyers try to compare one cheap gun to another, youre always going to get the same answer as to them being great guns.
case in point..show me one cheap gun still working out there that 40 years old. then 30, 20, 10?
show me a 20 year old gun still out there. thats only 1990. where are they?
take heed and learn oh grasshoppers.
i shoot 40/50/60/80 year old guns. not a hickup ever.
choose wisely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts