Stoeger "Double Defense" Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Warrior1256, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Just bought a Stoeger "Double Defense" 12 ga. shotgun for home defense. Any comments?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Enjoy!

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You just made Joe Biden happy.:D
    I have a 20 gauge. Make sure you pattern it at 6-7 yards. Mine is 5" and 4" at 7 yards and right on point of aim.

4. readygirl

readygirl New Member

LOL....i was going to say that.....now go out on your balcony, and shoot it up in the air for crazy Uncle Joe.......:D

5. akers06

akers06 New Member

Those are cool guns

6. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i have a stoeger coach gun. its a pretty dang cool gun! have fun with it!

and quit givin' him a hard time about biden, guys!!!! i think the double defense is black and tactical, and you know with biden, obama & co......it doesn't matter how what the action of the gun is, if it looks scary and black they don't care for it.

surprised it wasn't on the assault weapon ban to be honest! i can see piers morgan on it.... "and why do you need this ultra powerful "assault style" shotgun with deadly rails and such?" :p

7. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I haven't seen one pics please.

8. hawkguy

something like this, right?

Attached Files:

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Actually the Biden comments are pretty funny because when I was buying it I told the salesman that the Vice President said that all I would have to do is go out onto my balcony (I live in a condo) and discharge both barrells to scare off intruders.

Of course I would then be standing there with a metal and wooden club not to mention that this would be illegal in the city. Uncle Joe's comments are idiotic but funny. Remember he said to just shoot through the door?

Anyway love my new double barrell. Have wanted one for decades.

10. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Good luck. The Stoegers with the single triggers have had a lot of issues. Maybe they solved that. Hope so.

11. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Thanks for the advise. Had surgery on my arm a while back and it will be 3-4 weeks before I get to shoot it. Gives me something to look forward to.

12. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Bringing this thread back from the dead. The last comment on trigger issues, any new developments or comments from anyone? I have thought about this for HD with a Glock .40 as backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

I wouldn't trust a stoeger for self defense. I see a LOT of them have issues resetting on recoil. Breaking firing pins. Not firing second barrel out of no where on cas events. They are very popular in cas cuz they are cheap and fairly easy to work on.

Self defense shotgun get a mossberg 590 or 500. I wouldn't even trust my cz doubles for sd use.

14. hawkguy

my stoeger coach gun goes bang every time. its been a dependable firearm so far......this is of course just my personal experience, but i would have no problem trusting it for SD.

15. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

You will see very few single trigger Stoegers in CAS. Because the 2 trigger guns work pretty well.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

Majority i see are single trigger models.

Both my SxS are double trigger. My cas gun is double hammer double trigger. Neither are stoegers however.

All i can say is what ive seen and ill stick with the cz guns...

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Mine is a double trigger. I purposely stayed away from the single trigger. Also stayed away from the snaggers/hammers.

18. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

They will put 'rails' on anything these days!:eek:
    I like the old 'twice bbl carbines' but I will stick with my Mossy's and Remington pumps for SD.;)

19. hawkguy

mine is a double trigger version also. 2 barrels = 2 triggers.....duh! :p

its been a good gun, several years owned and several hundred shells though...i haven't "torture tested" it.....but i pay too dang much money for my guns to torture them.....:eek:......

guns should be loved dearly, not "tortured!" ;)

20. hawkguy

any shotgun is going to be the best choice for HD imo. until we get laser guns or something, i think they best fill the role for HD (at least for me :)).

i can't think of many people who would look down the two barrels of DBL shotgun and think "he's only got two shots, i can take him....." :rolleyes:

shotguns put real fear into people.....for good reason...they are nasty!