stoeger couger??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by warrioroftheland, May 11, 2009.

1. warrioroftheland

warrioroftheland New Member

Stoeger Couger 8000 9mm:
    [​IMG]

anybody have some trigger time with one of these? what was your thoughts ? i hear its basicly the same as the beretta.

( picture wasnt taken by me )

Last edited: May 11, 2009

2. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I bought a Beretta Mini-Cougar (.40cal) in 2000 for $550 new. I wish I waited because the Stoegers are only $379. I like it, but it's heavy and not extremely accurate. It is extremely reliable however, it has never jammed in the 9 years I've owned it. The mini comes with a short 8rd. mag that only allows a 3 finger purchase on the grip, and a longer 10 rd. mag with a finger rest on the bottom, which is necessary in order to hit the broad side of a barn...it's a well made gun, but I wouldn't buy another one! The middle gun is the mini-cougar:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. warrioroftheland

the one i'm looking at to buy is the full size thank the lord.

4. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Bereta-$$$=Stöeger

Click HERE to read another thread with the same question.... and some answers

5. warrioroftheland

thanks alot. that really helped

6. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

I was looking at the stoger cougar and the sig 2022 today trying to decide which one to buy since they were both the same price [$399] the plus on the stoeger is it comes with 4 mags. all i've heard is good on both any suggestions?

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Beretta owns Stoeger. The Stoeger is a Beretta with different name badging, but made on the same equipment.

I had an 8045 Cougar and it was a fine pistol.

The Sig is a fine pistol. However, it's a polymer frame. The Stoeger is steel. Factor in if weight is part of your decision.

Take your pick, they're both good, but different. Don't let more mags sway your decision. You're buying a pistol, not magazines.

8. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

good point on buying a pistol not mags. I have an old Star Mod 30 M heavy but a damn fine shooter!

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've owned and shot both the pistols you mention - either is OK. I prefer a compromise between steel frame and polymer frame so all of my pistols that are less than .45 caliber are alloy frames - mainly the Sig classic P series. I wouldn't trade my P228 for one of each of the guns you mention - yet I paid just a bit over $100 more for a CPO (certified pre-owned)...

[​IMG]

10. Westy

Westy New Member

I have two cougars (back when they were made by Beretta). One is 9mm and one in 45 ACP.

Both of them are great guns. I think they fit the hand extremely well and have never had any troubles with either of them.

11. Pukindog12

Pukindog12 New Member

I purchased a Stoeger Cougar 8000 F in mid Feb. 2011. The most accurate semi-auto I ever shot. Reliable also. No screw ups yet. Seems like the pistol was molded to fit my hands. Can't say enough good things about it. :D Just as good as any semi-auto twice the price. In fact, I like it so well I am watching/bidding in an auction to get another just like it. Wouldn't want the first one to wear out. :p

12. group17

group17 New Member

13. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

My buddy owns a full size Cougar 8000 in .40cal as well as my boss. I've shot my friends and the trigger/accuracy is on par with my 9mm Beretta. I would buy one myself....

14. 9mmgun

9mmgun New Member

The Stoeger (Beretta) Cougar series is one of the very best values available today. If your looking for an "all metal" handgun & it fits your hand, I seriously doubt you'll find a better handgun for anywhere near the price. I have owned the 8000 & the 8045. Never a failure of any kind on either with over 5000 rds fired between the two. They are outstanding handguns.