Stoeger Cougar 40 Point Shooting

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Viking, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Viking

Viking Active Member

I haven't been out shooting for far too long so when I had a nice day a few days ago so I shot 24 rounds through my Cougar, seven yards to the target. Some DA with SA follow up, a few fired with the back of my hands against my chest as weapon was drawn from the holster and the most at arms length. Only aiming I did was three times, at the eyes and throat on the target. I hit the target 21 out of 24, this makes me feel really good about the Cougar for point shooting. Two of the groups bullet holes overlapped. I plan to get out more frequently to do more point shooting as the Cougar seems to be a natural for that kind of shooting. The ammo I used was Federal 180 gr FMJ flat nose.

2. Viking

Viking Active Member

Sorry, forgot to download the pic.

3. Viking

Viking Active Member

Well I had to chop the pic and I'm not sure it loaded, so here it goes. For some reason it's failing to download and the pic is within required size for JPEG at 296X563 and 53.1KB. I've downloaded other pics here without any problems.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

May I share my thoughts with you on PD and point shooting?

Do Not worry about tight grouping!!

Multiple Traumas to Multiple Systems, you need to be fight focused not competition focused.

Old timer philosophy, "more holes in, more blood out, lower the blood pressure and win the fight."

This is a good read:

Combat Accuracy

6. Viking

Viking Active Member

I don't know what's going on, I've tried to upload other pics on other threads on this site and all I get is a notice of "Failure to download". Maybe my puter is constipated.:eek:

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Think problems with the site.

A number of us have been having problems all day.

8. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

yeah shihan and I have been having problems too very slow and unable to upload pics!!!

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, shoulda asked, I thought it was me!!

10. Viking

Viking Active Member

I just tried again, still won't do it. Earlier today I couldn't get this site when I clicked on favorites. I was hoping someone had not hacked the site. Maybe it's just one of those weekend glitches that shows up when all the techs are away, that happens once and a while on my internet provider. Usually come Monday things get straightened out. It's the pits having a story with no pics to show what went on.

11. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

12. Viking

Viking Active Member

Well!!! You got my attention but the reality is I'm really backwoods, I'm lucky to have what photo works I have on my computer. At this point in time I can't afford to get those, what I really need is to get the new Windows 7 and dump my rotten Vista Home Premium that even after MS helped me still has missing files and other crap wrong with it. Presently I'm even without good virus protection software so I really have to watch where I go in my searches.

13. Viking

Viking Active Member

Hurrah! Got it downloaded.

Attached Files:

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Photobucket is a free image hosting site. You can upload pics to photobucket from your computer or the web. Then post to the boards from there.
    Click on this link then look for tab that says "join"
    Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    Its FREE:D

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

HA! That's great! I thought I was the only one who drew faces and such to shoot at. :D

I haven't tried point shooting much with my CZ, but I can hit just about anything with the buckmark .22 easily. I wish it has a higher capacity mag.

Great job and thanks for the report. :cool: