Stocks for minis

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by ccase39, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ccase39

ccase39 Member

What are some good pistol grip stocks out there for the Minis that you guys have experience with. Are they universal to fit all Rugar Minis or just specific models?

I have seen this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Tech...&qid=1371090521&sr=8-7&keywords=mini+14+stock

Its ok looking. I like the heat guard and vents that came on mine and I don't know if I could keep them on that model stock.

I have also seen this one
    http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Mini-14-U...&qid=1371090521&sr=8-4&keywords=mini+14+stock

What is the difference and what does the aluminum upgrade give you?

Any other stocks out there you guys like?

I REALLY like this one. Any idea where I can find one and how much they are?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/02/13/troy-mini-14-mcs-stock/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

2. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There is a difference between the newer 580 series and the older 180 series. Look at the 1st 3 numbers 181-xxxx or 580-xxxx and several in between.

4. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Don't own one but the Choate M4 mini stock sure looks promising.

5. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

The original Strikeforce stock I bought for a 581 tactical has a pistol grip that hangs too low for the trigger. The new Strikeforce stock that"s offered by Ruger with the tactical is an improvement with the trigger finger lined up correctly.

6. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

I dunno -- mine dun come with one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i'm not a huge fan of most tactical pistol grip stocks for the mini-14....but i like my mini steel & wood, so i am a bit biased...:)

there are a few pistol grip stocks i like for the mini. one is the butler creek folder mentioned.

here is another....the archangel sparta stock. no experience with it, i just really like the looks.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/94...-system-ruger-mini-14-mini-30-synthetic-black

Attached Files:

8. hawkguy

here is another i like, though this one is very pricey. you could buy another mini if you wanted.

troy modular chassis system.

Attached Files:

9. hawkguy

10. hawkguy

oops i missed that you already posted a link to this one. you asked about the price...i think it is the most expensive stock out there....

hope i helped you in some way...

11. bwraven

bwraven New Member

One thing to consider with the ATI (and the archangel sparta) is the need to disassemble the stock for cleaning.

One of my buddies has an ATI, and I hate it when he asks me to do any work on it because of that damned stock.

Choate makes an excellent product that they stand behind. I prefer the full length pistol grip stock, but the side folder is nice, too.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  12. hawkguy

good point, especially if you are OCD like myself and MUST clean your gun each time you shoot. :rolleyes:

13. ccase39

ccase39 Member

Thats the one I have and its mint. I dont want to use it and ding it up. Thats why im looking. I love it though.

14. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I love the Scar and archangel. I wonder if they fit mine. The Troy is the definition of badass imo but not 850 bucks worth of badass.

15. hawkguy

ha! i would make fun of you....but i did the same thing with my 10/22 classic V. i bought it cause of the beautiful stock, then decided i couldn't bear to mess it up....:rolleyes:....so i replaced the stock with one i can bang around with.

my original stock is in bubble wrap....lmao! :p

16. hawkguy

i think those scar stocks ain't cheap either. for the $, the archangel sparta seems the best deal. gets good reviews. but i would research it a bit more to be sure its the one you want. and as said, if you like the folder...butler creek makes one that looks solid. i think they sell that stock at cabelas and other hunting stores. toyed with the idea of buying one myself.

Attached Files:

17. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I do like the Sparta and don't mind shelling out the cash, but it looks like it may need some gunsmithing. Do you know if this is the case? I don't want to buy it and have to pay someone to install it and I am a novice to such things.

18. hawkguy

looks pretty straight forward. i think you can handle it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uP69eVC0s[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  19. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I had just looked up that same video. Looks simple enough to me. Basically just a field strip and stock swap out. I would like to add an accustrut which may be a bit over my head though. NVm its not. Looked that one up too. Ok then the flash suppressor will def be over my head.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013