Featured Stock mounted shotgun shell holder

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Navigator, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

I've been looking for years for shotgun shell holder for my 12 gauge hammer coach gun. I've got the six round hard mount on my Winchester riot gun but haven't been able to find anything, other than the chincy nylon ones, for a double. Those slip all over the place and stretch out.

I saw one made of leather years ago. It mounted around the butt stock, almost like a recoil pad, and was laced on under the stock to hold it on. It was a real nice piece of kit, holding 4 or 5 rounds as I recall.

As anyone ever seen one of these or know where to get one?

2. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

try MidwayUSA. they use to carry something like what you're thinking of. don't know if they still do or not. or if you have a leather shop in town, you might have one made. or try an online leather shop, get some leather, and make a custom one yourself for your shotgun. might also try some of the suppliers for the Cowboy Shooters, as they may use something simikar to keep their shotguns more period correct.

3. Navigator

Navigator Member

You got it MisterMcCool and that's the one. I found this one on Amazon and like your link, it was not available. That's a beaut and exactly what I want. I found one on Ebay at a very low price from Russia. Hmmmm. Not thanks.

Good suggestion on Miday Dallas, I've bought quite a few hard to find items from them in the past, such as Enfield 10 round magazines when no one else had them.

Dallas53 likes this.
  4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

5. Navigator

Navigator Member

MisterMcCool likes this.